imod with rockbox
Apr 7, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by haibane
Has anyone tried this option yet? In other words playing flac through the imodded ipod?

Sorry for my ignorance, what's an imodded iPod?

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #5 of 8
The OP is referring to Rockbox on an iPod with an iMod, not the stock iPod.

I'm also very curious as to whether or not iMod owners have compared the sound quality of the iMod + Apple firmware vs. the iMod + Rockbox. When I installed Rockbox on my stock 4G, I found that there was a substantial difference in sound quality, mainly with the bass and soundstage. For me, Rockbox is a colossal improvement over the Apple firmware.

No one has the iMod and Rockbox? I'm surprised! If the stock iPod sounds so much better with Rockbox, I can't imagine how much better it would sound with the iMod. I was going to send mine in, but my wallet's a little weak right now...
600smile.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by minasoko

I'm also very curious as to whether or not iMod owners have compared the sound quality of the iMod + Apple firmware vs. the iMod + Rockbox. When I installed Rockbox on my stock 4G, I found that there was a substantial difference in sound quality, mainly with the bass and soundstage. For me, Rockbox is a colossal improvement over the Apple firmware.

That's interesting enough

any more rockboxers reporting it ?

Apr 7, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by minasoko

No one has the iMod and Rockbox? I'm surprised! If the stock iPod sounds so much better with Rockbox, I can't imagine how much better it would sound with the iMod. I was going to send mine in, but my wallet's a little weak right now...
600smile.gif

my exact thoughts and I am using rockbox currently without the imod

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 8
It should work with no problems.
Rockbox replaces the firmware. From what I read the imod replaces key components to improve the audio which should be independant of the firmware. Imod Ipod + rockbox would be a killer combination.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back