iMod vs 5G iPod comparison. Anyone experience?
Apr 3, 2007 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

brospin

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone done a face to face comparison between the RWA iMod and a 5G stock iPod, using the same amp and a decent dock cable in the case of the stock iPod?

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 12
I've got two words for you...No Comparison.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by brospin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I imagine you're right! In fact I own a 60 Gb iMod that I really love. But I've never used a stock iPod and I was curious about how they compare.

u didnt listen to the ipod before u sent it off? u should really spend some time with it, cuz starting with the absolute nuts spoils the fun of the journey
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u didnt listen to the ipod before u sent it off? u should really spend some time with it, cuz starting with the absolute nuts spoils the fun of the journey
wink.gif

The fact is that when I purchaed the iMod, the 4G iPod wasn't available in my country. Therefore Vinnie bought a refurbished 4G iPod at Appple USA and modded it for me. So I never had the opportunity to listen to it unmodded. I previously used an iRiver H340 and the difference with the iMod is enormous.

Apr 4, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got two words for you...No Comparison.
wink.gif

Bingo.

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #9 of 12
i concur. And thanx to dr morton... eveytime i see the word imod i'm reminded of his analogy about being able to see the monster at the door better =P

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #10 of 12
Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting all your feedback!

Also, I linked to some older headfi threads on my iMod website. Some of these are pages long, but contain iMod users' feedback (with some more comparisons of the iMod to the 5G and others, FWIW).

Thanks again,

Vinnie

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 12
I owned a 5G and iMod 4G and listened through a Tomahawk (both with ALO connectors). They both sound very good, but the iMod definitely takes it to another level. I can't think of a good reason to go with the 5G other than gapless playback. Unless you absolutely need that (and don't want to use Rockbox), spend the little extra for the iMod. I haven't missed anything about my 5G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back