iMod/Tomahawk Portable Case
Mar 29, 2007 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

RCM

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any armband covers/cases that will fit a 4G Redwine iPod and a Tomahawk?

I'm looking for a setup I can use on the bike. The outside road/MTB bike, not an indoor trainer.

Yeah, it's kinda bulky, but it sounds so good with UE-10s!

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any armband covers/cases that will fit a 4G Redwine iPod and a Tomahawk?

I'm looking for a setup I can use on the bike. The outside road/MTB bike, not an indoor trainer.

Yeah, it's kinda bulky, but it sounds so good with UE-10s!

Headroom offers some great bags.

Here is a bag that can be worn on the waist. CLICK HERE

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Pielet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest you do not wear IEMs while riding a bike, unless you want to get killed and never listen to anything again.

Thanks for the pithy comment as well as your concern.

I suggest you send this post to the National Association of the Deaf with your concerns, as we definitely need to get a campaign mobilized to remove all deaf cyclists from the road as well, since according to your logic they are obviously going to get killed.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the pithy comment as well as your concern.

I suggest you send this post to the National Association of the Deaf with your concerns, as we definitely need to get a campaign mobilized to remove all deaf cyclists from the road as well, since according to your logic they are obviously going to get killed.

I get your point, but I'm not sure that this analogy works for me.

I think that a deaf person would be better equipped to ride safely without being able to hear sound cues from the surrounding environment, given they live like that constantly.

I'm not sure that a hearing person has the same skills to compensate for the lack of these sound cues?

I'm just taking a guess at this mind you. I have no expertise whatsoever in this matter, but it certainly makes sense to me.

As for your armband, I haven't seen any made to accomodate more than simply a dap. You are more likely to find a suitable waist pouch that you could swing around to your back.

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Pielet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest you do not wear IEMs while riding a bike, unless you want to get killed and never listen to anything again.

OMG.....Common sense dictates. Easy there, I would think most people in this forum are not IDIOTS!

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 19
Accidents may happen. Seriously, IEMs while outdoors is dangerous. You might not hear that speeding car until it's too late, or something like that. It seems ridiculous now, but anything can happen and stuff.
And the argument "you can compensate for lost hearing with other senses" doesn't really work because you can't put eyes on the back of your head.

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the argument "you can compensate for lost hearing with other senses" doesn't really work because you can't put eyes on the back of your head.

true, but my pupils are widening by the second.

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #9 of 19
To get the thread back on track, I use a Headroom Gigabag for my iMod and a Xin SMIV (not a Tomahawk but should be roughly the same). The iMod (in a slim leather case) and amp are well-protected. The bag can be clipped to a belt.

One thing to bear in mind: my IC does stick out of the top a bit, but I have never had any problems or accidents.

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To get the thread back on track, I use a Headroom Gigabag for my iMod and a Xin SMIV (not a Tomahawk but should be roughly the same). The iMod (in a slim leather case) and amp are well-protected. The bag can be clipped to a belt.

One thing to bear in mind: my IC does stick out of the top a bit, but I have never had any problems or accidents.

Actually in my opinion the Supermicro IV is the best sounding portable amp I have heard. Only two amps come close the SR71 and the LaRocco PRII. Both of which are HUGE and heavy by comparison.

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually in my opinion the Supermicro IV is the best sounding portable amp I have heard. Only two amps come close the SR71 and the LaRocco PRII. Both of which are HUGE and heavy by comparison.

I fear I may have been less than clear about the Tomahawk being "roughly the same," unless I am incorrectly reading mrarroyo's comment above. What I should have said is roughly the same in size and the space they take up in the bag. I should have made that clear. Sorry.

Since I have never heard a Tomahawk, I defer to mrarroyo and his excellent review with vorlon1 a bit ago. Well worth reading.

(mrarroyo my SuperMicro IV is on the way...maybe in around January....2011!!)

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #12 of 19
x2 on the Gigabag. use it with my iMod/Portaphile V2^2Maxxed. It is I believe bigger than th tomahawk, but it works great.
etysmile.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #13 of 19
People need to stop telling others what to do, He asks for a case for his rig, some respond with attacks on his decisions.

It is completely safe to wear IEM's while biking if you take the right precautions and you aren't in rush hour traffic in new york.

For the record, most humans have the ability to turn their heads in a fashion that they can see what is behind them, rather quickly actually.

Apr 6, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 19
definitely go for a waist bag, it would suck to lose $700+ in electronics from a loose armband.

also, about biking with IEMs: i do it all of the time with marshmallows. on quiet streets, if you go against the traffic there's no way you'll get hit. suburbian intersections, as long as you stand up on your pedals or something to make yourself known and stay near behind a car, alert, you'll be fine. i don't understand why some of you think that a little bit of music turns ya into a dumb monkey.
biggrin.gif
i doubt you'd hear a speeding car about to hit you over all of the other noise, anyways, and if they honk you'll definitely hear it over the music. then again, the op has ue10 pros so maybe not. still, if you've ever been cycling on a road with... cars, you'd understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back