iMod line out cable with volume control?
Oct 6, 2007 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nnotis

500+ Head-Fier
I can't stand using my gen 5.5 iPod's headphone out. But adding a mini amp to my setup would make many of my pockets too small to fit everything. So portability would be sacrificed. Consequently, I haven't had my iPod moded. Instead, I just cart around a cheap line out cable from Sik and an even cheaper volume dial by Koss (which at least overcomes the noise floor and bass roll off problems of the headphone jack).

Is it not possible to build a high quality line out cable with a high quality volume dial? I haven't seen or heard anything about this. I'm confident that even if the answer is yes, there would be a sound quality reduction when compared to a signal run through a Hornet, Move, ect. But that's not the point.

I can't imagine that an iMod connected to this hypothetical line out + volume dial wouldn't be a HUGE improvement over what I've currently got.

Are there any cable makers out there who can fill me on about the validity of this idea?

Thanks.

Oct 6, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 8
Haha, look at the Xin Supermicro IV. It acutally looks like one of those volume control deals.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 8
I haven't seen anything smaller than the SupermicroIV.

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nnotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any other super small amps?

Try the iBasso T2, smaller than the 1G/2G nano (there's also an ALO version.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back