IMOD - Is it Worth the Money... or the Trouble?
Dec 1, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #31 of 39
you seem to have answered your own question in your opening statement, saying that you were doubtful then listened to it and it was indeed better.

therefore only you can judge if you thought it would be worth your money.

for me its an absolute unflinching yes.

i would gladly pay multiples of the actual imod service cost to attain the type of sound i am getting with my current rig, of which it wouldnt have been possible with a stock ipod as the heart of the combo.

a 5.5G imod is simply a beginning stepping stone into high quality portable audio, you can marry it with good quality cables, amps and v-cap or similar and skys the limit.

Dec 2, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #32 of 39
[

a 5.5G imod is simply a beginning stepping stone into high quality portable audio, you can marry it with good quality cables, amps and v-cap or similar and skys the limit.[/QUOTE]

This is exaclty whre I am now. after weeks of back-and-forth emailing between Ken and me, and tons of help from him, I've ordered the 5.5g Imod with cryo cable. Now next step in the spring will be the portable v-cap to go with the rig.

This will replace my current 4g Imod, so have enjoyed the "imod sound" for awhile but decided to start moving up.

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by only500made /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are there any other alternatives for an imod?

someone posted a link here before (a product similar to imod) from an asian website, i forgot what that is.

In addition to the Gmod, there is the zMod which is sold in Singapore by the Jaben Network.

Dec 2, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #34 of 39
tnmike, the sound quality when paired with the vcap dock is noticeably enhanced. you will definitely not regret getting it! i bought one from EFN and the cables snapped... so i had to send it back to him for repairs...

not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where EFN is? i've been waiting for him to fix it for like 2 months and there's no communication... he's becoming like a second dr. xin to me...
mad.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #35 of 39
Huge yes, if you don't mind that the size is a bit big with an amp piggybacked....but oh how sweet the sound!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #36 of 39
I think I'm convinced and it is certain to provide some portability. I'm currently using a Headroom Portable Desktop with a Sony UX380 as the source using WMP lossless. The computer is connected to the amp via a USB cable. given the UXs limited hard drive, I've kept a collection of 8GB memory sticks on hand. Event with the UXs size, the iMod will provide greater portability. I do however like the digital quality of the Sony into the Headroom and Windows Vista upsamples automatically which appears to make a difference.

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tnmike, the sound quality when paired with the vcap dock is noticeably enhanced. you will definitely not regret getting it! i bought one from EFN and the cables snapped... so i had to send it back to him for repairs...

Thanks for the head's up aluren!

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where EFN is? i've been waiting for him to fix it for like 2 months and there's no communication... he's becoming like a second dr. xin to me...
mad.gif

not wanting to speak exclusively for you....hope you dont mind dude!
biggrin.gif

EFN is very busy with work and other pressing matters, he has custom work for me and many others on and away from this board - and i know he is sifting through it all when he gets a moment away from his primary commitments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back