iMod/diyMod still a keeper?
Aug 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shootertwist

100+ Head-Fier
i'm quite in a dilemma hope you guys can help me out. Someone from our country is selling a diymod 5th gen 60gb for around less than USD200. He claims he got the unit brand new (must be old stock) at the start of the year and pics of the unit shows it is really pristine etc. I've heard a diyMod before and it is indeed a step up from the stock sound. My problem is that for the price i could get myself a used 160gb classic or even an ipod touch 3rd gen 64gb. After like 5 years is it still a good move on my part to invest in the diyMod? i'm after sound quality and i'm sure the modded ipod is up there when paired with a good amp but what's holding me back is the "limited" capacity of 60gb when compared nowadays and the old tech or old components, although the seller did say his unit was gotten brand new just this year if that's possible. Nobody in our country upgrades the 5th gen 60gb hard drive so i'll be pretty much stuck with it. My music collection is around 90gb total, with 60gb in lossless format. so while this is indeed a subjective situation i'm in, if you guys were in my shoes, would you still take the diyMod?  Thanks in advance guys for your inputs 

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 2
The difference in term of soundquality between iPod Classic 160GB and iMod is not big because iMod background is silent, dark than iPod Classic. But they sound close when pair with quality AMPs and i will recommend to buy iPod Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back