iMod Died - Suggestions and Advice
Apr 23, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #31 of 33
thanks to all for the 240G HD info. I looked around, didn't see the Apricorn deal, and thought rapidrepair was a good price. Until I saw this thread. Bad timing by a few hours. But RR had good customer service when I called yesterday and quick delivery turnaround. They shipped early this morning. Can't ask for much more. As soon as I install the HD, I'm gonna send it off to RWA for the iMod and get on the waiting list for the Arrow. Now that I spent the extra $, the $100 difference between the Arrow and TTVJ is looking better to me. Can't wait til it all comes together.

I also saw the DIYiMod iPod 5G thread. Does a site or document exist where I wouldn't have to wade through the entire thread to get the info. I can read schematics, solder and do the work but I'm not patient enough to read thru hundreds of posts.

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by no_mas_123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks to all for the 240G HD info. I looked around, didn't see the Apricorn deal, and thought rapidrepair was a good price. Until I saw this thread. Bad timing by a few hours. But RR had good customer service when I called yesterday and quick delivery turnaround. They shipped early this morning. Can't ask for much more. As soon as I install the HD, I'm gonna send it off to RWA for the iMod and get on the waiting list for the Arrow. Now that I spent the extra $, the $100 difference between the Arrow and TTVJ is looking better to me. Can't wait til it all comes together.

I also saw the DIYiMod iPod 5G thread. Does a site or document exist where I wouldn't have to wade through the entire thread to get the info. I can read schematics, solder and do the work but I'm not patient enough to read thru hundreds of posts.

I am listening to that combo right now with my JH13s. I should be getting my TTVJ back soon and will sit down and really compare, but from memory, the Arrow is close to TTVJ.

Apr 24, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup but counterfeit hard drives with fake labels and fake partition sizes exist. The current $175 shipped price apricorn offers is quite below what others are offering it for, and it's a great relief to me to find out it's the real thing (only have 90gb of music on it atm, but hell, if they managed to fake a 4096K sector size I'll eat my own socks).

I guess this goes to show how much more of a profit rapid repair is getting over apricorn's price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back