iMod + Auricap Line Out Dock
Sep 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Avi

100+ Head-Fier
I just wanted to thank Ken publicly for his service. I'm now listing to a Vinnie Special (aka iMod 5.5G 80GB) through a Purple Heart Line-Out iMod (Auricap) dock. Simply amazing, and I cannot wait until the dock (and the iMod and the Hornet for that matter) are properly burnt in.

Another satisfied customer here!

Sep 10, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to thank Ken publicly for his service. I'm now listing to a Vinnie Special (aka iMod 5.5G 80GB) through a Purple Heart Line-Out iMod (Auricap) dock. Simply amazing, and I cannot wait until the dock (and the iMod and the Hornet for that matter) are properly burnt in.

Another satisfied customer here!

Avi,

Groovy! much appreciated.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 19, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger_Federer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

How is the SQ of the Auricap-Dock compared to the P-VCap-Dock and the normal VCap-Dock?

regards timo

The Auricap dock and the P-Vcap dock are going to actually be very close because the wood dock (Auricap) does not have the ipod to mini and mini to mini in the signal path like the P-Vcap dock requires.

The wood docks, the imod connects directly to the ipod connector (no cable, no mini jack in the signal path) The P-Vcap is

iMod ---cable--> P-Vcap dock (in) ---->out of the Pvcap dock via (cable mini to mini, or mini to RCA depending on your amp)

The same is true for the wood version of the Vcap dock, it is going to be better sounding than that of the P-vcap dock and the wood Auricap dock. The Jensen Super dock is the top of the SQ iMod food chain.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back