Immediate Help, ATH M50, May not be my final choice.
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

The AudioPhile

New Head-Fier
I know There is like ALOT of posts on this, but i gotta finish this decision. After Hours and Hours of spending time on Head-fi my final decision should've been the well balanced ATH M50 that competed to the many 1st degree headphones, but after noticing that the blue box is no longer sold, and there is only the less-bassier white box version, as a basshead myself that was a TOTAL disappointment, feeling my every bit of research had gone into nothing, i decided to finish this confusion. Now i'm posting this as a final decision of the headphone i am buying, After concluding that the Shure leaks to much and is bulky as hell, Senn's having too low bass, the Denon Series Looking too ... awful, and the new ones being expensive as my budget is under $200 and that i don't trust the old cheap $60 Headphones because i dont think they could compete to the $300 - $500 Beats Pro and Monster ( This is the main reason i wanted the ATH M50 ) So i come here to ask about what should i get, Im a basshead, i like clear sound too in some songs, and i don't want the thing to look like a pair of slippers, id also be using it in public , so preferably no leak in sound.

PS: I know to never judge a headphone by price, but Cmon, a $60 dollar headphone (Koss Pro 100) (Creative aurvana live)
competing to a $110 Headphone (ath m50) that competed with a $400 Headphone (Beats) and won? I doubt.  But hell, They still might? 

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
PS: I know to never judge a headphone by price, but Cmon, a $60 dollar headphone (Koss Pro 100) (Creative aurvana live)
competing to a $110 Headphone (ath m50) that competed with a $400 Headphone (Beats) and won? I doubt.  But hell, They still might? 

I massively prefer the CAL! to the M50. Not quite so sold on the DJ100, but that's more to do with the terrible stock pads. The Shures(presuming 840) don't leak at all, unless you have your music at stupidly high volume. Not sure where you got that info. 
Quote:
+ any thought about the new Spider Power Force headphones? They arent famous yet but they seem to look catchy

Maybe you should post in a smaller font?

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 8
If you can stand on-ear the V-Moda M80 is a nice bass head can.  The ATH-M50 is still going to be better in the long run as I think it is built better and stands the test of time.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
If you can stand on-ear the V-Moda M80 is a nice bass head can.  The ATH-M50 is still going to be better in the long run as I think it is built better and stands the test of time.

M50 built better than the V-Moda. Not sure I agree there. But I'd forgotten all about the V-moda line.

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
as my budget is under $200 and that i don't trust the old cheap $60 Headphones because i dont think they could compete to the $300 - $500 Beats Pro and Monster ( This is the main reason i wanted the ATH M50 ) So i come here to ask about what should i get, Im a basshead, i like clear sound too in some songs, and i don't want the thing to look like a pair of slippers, id also be using it in public , so preferably no leak in sound.

Your posts hurt our eyes.. but I figure I could chime in since I've listened to a few basshead cans under the $300 range (including the Beats lineup)

Based on your requirements.. $200, basshead, clear sound, no leakage. I think UE6000s fit that description perfectly.

I find myself recommending these all the time when it comes to those criterias. When it comes to those price points.. they meet their value exceptionally well.. at $60-$100 CALs are terrific. at $100-$150 M50s are great. at $170-$200 UE6000s are fantastic.

You should be able to demo them all at your local audio store.. Best Buy/Magnolia/Guitar Center. And they're probably the most recommended at those price points.. have you even tried them out yet?

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
If I would choose between the 
Ath-M50
V-Moda M-80
Creative Aurvana Live!

Which one is best? Bass/Clarity terms And isolation at the same time, with no amp needed

In very, very little detail,
Bass: M80
Mids: CAL!/M80
Highs: CAL!
Isolation: M50
Build quality: M80 > M50 > CAL!

None of them need an amp to sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back