IMHO my grado's are so comfortable.
Feb 9, 2009 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

cakeman

100+ Head-Fier
I don't see why people think there so uncomfortable.
For the SR60s I have both bowl pads + comfies and both are really comfortable. The antennas are all the way down(smallest) and I didn't have to bend the headband.
Maybe I just have a small head.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 74
I find them comfortable too- And I do have a big head.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 74
I don't even feel them on me O__O
How hard is the coin mod?
I also don't think the sr60 have that bad of bass. I feel a lot of it.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 74
Quarter mod is cake, you just need a quarter and an XACTO knife. Takes like 2 minutes, but don't rush. Made a world of difference on my MS1
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 74
Personally I found the bass to be just slightly lacking. Trying different phones however made me realize that relatively they were lacking... I found that I am not a bass head at all.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 74
I can wear my 325is for hours at a time. When I first got them, though, they were painful as hell on my outer earlobes after 30 minutes. Helps if you're stubborn like me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #10 of 74
I love my grado's, but they provide me with a slow and painfull death :p I listen to alot of music on them, but never for more than an hour straight before having to 'set them to a new spot' on my ears. I wouldn't want to watch a movie on them, but they sound just so good with some music (the music that I like), and nothing comes even close to that live sound
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #11 of 74
I wear my 325is for many hours per day with zero comfort issues.

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #12 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can wear my 325is for hours at a time. When I first got them, though, they were painful as hell on my outer earlobes after 30 minutes. Helps if you're stubborn like me.
smily_headphones1.gif

My exact experience
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 74
I've currently had mine on for about 5 and a half hours today with only short breaks to go to the bathroom. No discomfort whatsoever.

Does the quarter mod help sound at all? I'm perfectly content with the comfort level of my SR-60s, but might be interested in the quarter mod if it helped the sound. But I find the stock pads quite comfy and I have a large head.

The very first day they pinched my upper outer ear a tiny bit against my head. I wore them for maybe like 6 hours that day and it was only mildly annoying at the very end. The next time I wore them for an extended period, I didn't feel any discomfort at all.

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #14 of 74
cakeman, nice twist on a recurring thread topic. I've been here on head-fi for 13 months and my first audiophile cans were the SR225. Now I have the RS1. I have always found Grados comfortable and wear them for hours at a time ... occasionally for 10+ hours. Still my favorite can!

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #15 of 74
fjrabon - I have bowls and SR60-style flats for my SR80s. The sound is definitely different, the bowls are brighter, punchier and more detailed in the mid and upper range, the flats change the balance by recessing the mids and highs a bit thus emphasizing the bass a bit more. I imagine that quarter-modding the flats would make them more like bowls but without the driver housing quite as close to the ear. I never did it with mine since the bowls are good but I've been thinking of trying it.

I don't find the bowls uncomfortable although having the driver housing nearly touch the ear is different from other phones and took a little getting used to. I have small ears too though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back