Image X10 from amazon.com?
Jun 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

naddy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Amy,

I just received my image x10 earphones from authorized dealer amazon.com. However, the packaging still says just Image and not Image X10? Does this mean this is an earlier version of the image x10 earphones? I have read that the earlier versions had issues with the strain relief splitting on the cables and that klipsch started using an updated cable on newer versions to address this problem. So my question is do all the image x10 earphones come with packaging that just states Image and not Image X10 or does this signify an earlier version of the image x10 earphones? And if it is an earlier version, should I return them and request the newest version with the updated cable?

Thanks for the support!

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 13
Yes, they are an earlier version. I would not return them because there is an overwhelmingly larger chance that you will have no problems.

If you should have an issue with the strain relief, it will appear in plenty of time to file a warranty claim (2 year warranty). Just hang on to your receipt.

Enjoy!!

Jun 23, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by naddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Amy,

I just received my image x10 earphones from authorized dealer amazon.com.

Was it direct from Amazon or from "Electronica Direct"? I was just about to place an order for them through Amazon as well.

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's still $110 off regular price!

Yes that's a good point and a very good deal but i'm going to have to wait untill they come back down to below $200 if they ever do of coarse.

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Sorry, I wish I could. We may run another promotion as the holidays draw near, though. Be sure you're signed up for our newsletter to get the notification!

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by naddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Amy,

I just received my image x10 earphones from authorized dealer amazon.com. However, the packaging still says just Image and not Image X10? Does this mean this is an earlier version of the image x10 earphones? I have read that the earlier versions had issues with the strain relief splitting on the cables and that klipsch started using an updated cable on newer versions to address this problem. So my question is do all the image x10 earphones come with packaging that just states Image and not Image X10 or does this signify an earlier version of the image x10 earphones? And if it is an earlier version, should I return them and request the newest version with the updated cable?

Thanks for the support!

I went ahead and purchased the X10's from Amazon ($239) my package only said Image and not X10. The cable seems really thin.....Jezzz I'm frightened to breath on them. I guess I have the early version too. Better register them before they break...
wink_face.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #10 of 13
Hi Amy,

Well, I had the strain relief split on mine so I indeed had to put in a warranty request. However, I am kind of upset because they just sent me back a new pair of the version with the older strain reliefs. And to me there is an inherent design flaw in those strain reliefs so I'm probably going to have to go through this whole process again in a month. Can you look into this and see why they would send me back an older version instead of the newer versio of the cable?

/Naddir Saad

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 13
Hi Naddir,
As stated in this thread above, the chances are overwhelming that you will not have any problems.
These are guaranteed for two years, should you have trouble.
Thanks!

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Naddir,
As stated in this thread above, the chances are overwhelming that you will not have any problems.
These are guaranteed for two years, should you have trouble.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, I beg to differ. To me there is an inherent design flaw with the cable and if they aren't being returned that is just because the consumer does not know any better. I was extremely gentle with my pair to where I never used it outside and during exercise. I also never wrapped it around my mp3 player, I always put it back in the case when done with it and was very careful not to put any stress on the strain relief parts of the cable, and yet still after only 1 month, the strain reliefs split open. Now don't get me wrong, everything else I love about the X10 including the sound and how light and comfortable they are to wear, and how easy they are to insert with the oval gels and get a good seal.

But like I said, for how gentle I was with these, there is no way they should have had issues after just one month. And I can just look at the construction and see that there are design issues with the strain reliefs.

So, if this issue has been resolved with a newer cable, I am upset that after having to send mine back, they were just replaced with the same older version which is going to have the same problem again?

/Naddir Saad

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #13 of 13
I just wanted to note here that many of the vendors on Amazon marketplace are not authorized Klipsch dealers. If you buy from one of them, you will have issues trying to get warranty coverage. Two of them are Electronica Direct and Z Lectric, which are often the default choices.

I have had cable boot issues (common with the X10's) and I purchased through Elecronica Direct via Amazon. I am planning to get a custom reshell with new cables rather than attempt to get warranty repair. I don't mind having customs anyway. (I think I could ultimately get Klipsch to work something out, but don't want to be the bearer of a long warranty thread. And like I said, having custom X10's will be kinda fun.)

I do love the sound signature of the X10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back