Imac/IPod
Feb 25, 2003 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

session76

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have this combo?

I'm thinking of switching. I'm getting really tired of my win/pc crashing and like what I've seen of the ipod imac combo in print.

Thank you

Feb 25, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 7
I've got an iPod/Powerbook G4.

It Rocks. The only thing it can't do is play Battlefield 1942 or do PCB design - but VirtualPC will handle the PCB work.

Feb 25, 2003 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 7
The Top end iMac has a fast processor and 8o gig HD. Should perfect with the Ipod. I've use iBooks and Powerbooks with my iPod. All great.

Feb 25, 2003 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 7
Go for it, you won't be sorry. I originally bought the Windows version iPod and was so impressed (and so tired of Win problems) I bought an iBook, reflashed my iPod to the Mac version and haven't looked back
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2003 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 7
What program do you guys use to download mp3 on the mac? I'm a mac person, but I'm forced to use my PC at work to download. Ever since Audiogalaxy died, I havent found a decent mac program.

Re going Mac? Well, if you don't have any PC specific programs you need to run - GO FOR IT.
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 7
Yup, definately go for it, they finally managed to get audio performance a lot better in 10.2.4, although you're gonna want a Griffin iMic too. If you use headphones, you definately won't be sorry at getting an imic.

I did the same thing this summer, and this is the first computer I've ever been completely happy with.

Feb 28, 2003 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 7
It must be a good time to switch!

I made the leap too recently. Got the Powerbook G4 15" 1Ghz, 60GB HDD & 512RAM. Just need to get a wireless access point + router combo so my existing PC can still be used at my room.

Still trying to get the hang of the mac OS but it's not too hard. The advantages outweight the disadvantages so far. Too many to list down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back