iMac in 5.1 or 2.1 configuration
Feb 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lauwrence

New Head-Fier
Good day gents,

After having been using my Harman Soundsticks for almost a year now I feel it's time to step it up and take my computer audio into the living room completely thru a 5.1 DTS set. However, I would like to keep the possibility of 2.1 as well as I'm sure my spouse won't always appreciate having my music all around.

What I've seen so far is the Logitech Z906 set however as my computer desk is not in the center of the living room I would have to find a way to redirect audio to desktop speakers and preferably using the same sub from the 5.1 set.

An other solution would be to get a 2.1 set connected thru USB (iow, own internal sound card) in addition. That way I can easily switch between the two.

I thought of simply using the Mac's internal speakers but find them to weak and flat as well as lacking bass (obviously), same as a straightforward 2.0 set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

cheers,

Law Robinson
The Netherlands.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Run a normal 5.1 configuration with one type of input (optical?) and then for 2.1 connect the outputs to the rear speaker inputs on the subwoofer this way you are playing music through the rears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back