IM716s half dead, any Ideas?
Jun 1, 2007 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jon118

500+ Head-Fier
The right channel on my IM716s went really weak on me a couple of days ago. It seemed like it could be a cable problem, so I went ahead and recabled them. Now that I'm done with that they look a lot better and no longer have the annoying pod, plus they are easier to drive, but the right channel is still very weak. Any ideas on what could be causing it? I assume it could be a clogged nozzle at this point, but it seemed to come on too suddenly for that, plus I don't have any filters or the changing tool so I don't want to mess with that, but that's all I can think of.

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The right channel on my IM716s went really weak on me a couple of days ago. It seemed like it could be a cable problem, so I went ahead and recabled them. Now that I'm done with that they look a lot better and no longer have the annoying pod, plus they are easier to drive, but the right channel is still very weak. Any ideas on what could be causing it? I assume it could be a clogged nozzle at this point, but it seemed to come on too suddenly for that, plus I don't have any filters or the changing tool so I don't want to mess with that, but that's all I can think of.

I don't want to patronise you but have you swapped sides? You'd be surprised how many times this problem is caused by wax.

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to patronise you but have you swapped sides? You'd be surprised how many times this problem is caused by wax.

Yep, ear wax clogged IMO & E.... You may not want to deal with it, but that IS the next step, or should have been the first place to try a fix, find a way to remove the filter!

You really cannot see it when they are clogged, but sure enough mine were, happens quickly too
wink.gif

Good luck~

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, it looks like the filter. I didn't think it was my ears because I had tried other headphones and it was fine, switching sides confirmed it. I guess I'll have to change filters. I did have a reason to suspect the cable though, so it wasn't just random. I like the new cable better anyway.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Yeah, it looks like the filter. I didn't think it was my ears because I had tried other headphones and it was fine, switching sides confirmed it. I guess I'll have to change filters. I did have a reason to suspect the cable though, so it wasn't just random. I like the new cable better anyway.

Yeah, kudos for the cable upgrade and removal of the pod
wink.gif
Certainly worth the shot and a worthy long term investment in time
wink.gif

I hte those filters and how easily they clogg, and i'm a swimmer with pretty clean ears but wax builds up I think from the sound I abuse my ears with
smily_headphones1.gif

I've run them without filters too with the shrue soft flex tips which seem to be a bit longer and protects the nozzle more than stock tips. There is an ebay store that sells them as well as the screens at a nominal cost.

Good luck pal
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back