im716's case: how does it work?
May 29, 2006 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
the case that came with my im716s seems ridiculous to me. i don't see how i'm suppossed to put the things in it. i can open it but it's in no way intuitive how to use the thing. i feel really stupid because of this, but has anyone else managed this? i'd love to be able to use the case when i go abroad for two months in a few days

May 30, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 17
the instructions don't even mention the existence of the case. I've tried to figure it out, but at the moment it's just a piece of plastic with no apparent purpose

May 30, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle
the case that came with my im716s seems ridiculous to me. i don't see how i'm suppossed to put the things in it. i can open it but it's in no way intuitive how to use the thing. i feel really stupid because of this, but has anyone else managed this? i'd love to be able to use the case when i go abroad for two months in a few days

I think it sllides or something, take a look here:
http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/...=114311,00.jpg

Looks like you wrap the wire around the circle thing too..
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...9/zoo40639.jpg

May 30, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 17
ooooooooh. that makes sense. thanks so much. now the only issue is one of the flanges on the right tip got a groove in it from my fingernail (i've no idea how), and so it's kinda pointy and painful in my ear, so hopefully that'll soften up.

thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 17
There is a separate little piece of paper explaining the case. I personally don't like the case much. Opening it seems overly difficult. I'm considering ordering a generic IEM case, that's how much I dislike it.

May 31, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 17
thats why i'm using a UM1 casing instead...

May 31, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 17
i kind of figured out the case last night. it's very badly designed, i think i'll just make a small pouch out of some soft fabric for it. that'll keep the ipod safe(r), too. what's the um1 case look like?

May 31, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 17
it a zip case with a small pocket inside to store extra ear tips...

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #12 of 17
Will that UM case hold the filter device baggy and filter baggy in that little pouch on top? It looks pretty slick and more durable than the ety case. I'm assuming it holds the IM716 just fine, pod and all, since you said you are using it?

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 17
i'm going abroad in a few days, so i don't have time to order that case, unfortuneately. any advice on making my own? or could i buy a good case at the airport?

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle
i'm going abroad in a few days, so i don't have time to order that case, unfortuneately. any advice on making my own? or could i buy a good case at the airport?

Many folks use Altoid tins to carry around their IEM's. I wouldn't recommend them for a long term fix but for short term usage they'd work well.
I only bothered to learn to use the iM716 case to pack them in when I sold them.

Jun 1, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAsunder
Will that UM case hold the filter device baggy and filter baggy in that little pouch on top? It looks pretty slick and more durable than the ety case. I'm assuming it holds the IM716 just fine, pod and all, since you said you are using it?

I've no idea how big is the filter baggy. I don't have a iM716.
smily_headphones1.gif
But I'm very sure it will fit the earphones as I can easily store a 1.5m long ER4P with its green pod. The little pouch can hold 2 pairs of tips.

The Westone case is big enough to fit 2 pairs of UMs in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back