iM716 price jump
Sep 30, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #16 of 21
I'm glad I ordered the im716 on impulse when i did. Got them yesterday, pretty sweet sounding. I find them to be very detailed, because they block out almost all outside noise. I have found them to be a little uncomfortable, but I haven't messed around with tip options yet.

Sep 30, 2006 at 10:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman
Your a gentleman and a scholar... and I hate you all the same.

Just snagged the last pair
cool.gif
. Price back up to $111

haha... sure you are fast...

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
No insider info here but the 716, while a great value at $62 ain't the ER4P. No way no how.

........ no inside info, yet you are so sure, how?

This has been a hotly contested debate, yet "no way no how".

Tell us your secrets. Please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Ety may have had a hand in their design/fabrication but if I'm at a $100 price point on the 716, heck, I'll just go ahead and pony up another $75-100 and get the 4P. JMO.

Yup, your choice.

So Ken, did you pony up?

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #19 of 21
Whooo, got them today. That was fast for the free shipping. I got Jonezetta debut today too, a day early
smily_headphones1.gif

So far, these things are rockin' for the price. Not sure if I like HD or bass more better. I do like the added bass, but HD mode sounds so much crisper.

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I'm glad I ordered the im716 on impulse when i did. Got them yesterday, pretty sweet sounding. I find them to be very detailed, because they block out almost all outside noise. I have found them to be a little uncomfortable, but I haven't messed around with tip options yet.

I ordered mine months ago when I first came on board here, really because all this talk about IEM's had me intrigued, and I wanted to know what the story was. They sounded great out of my iPod, but they sound even better out of my Echo Indigo DJ, and they are more comfortable to my ears with Shure Softflex M tips.

Right now I use them to critically review tracks that I can't get to rip correctly with EAC or which come back as an inaccurate rip from AccurateRip.

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield
I ordered mine months ago when I first came on board here, really because all this talk about IEM's had me intrigued, and I wanted to know what the story was. They sounded great out of my iPod, but they sound even better out of my Echo Indigo DJ, and they are more comfortable to my ears with Shure Softflex M tips.

Right now I use them to critically review tracks that I can't get to rip correctly with EAC or which come back as an inaccurate rip from AccurateRip.

I was playing around with them on my Headfive. I wanted to listen to the new CD's I got, and I wanted to give these a shot also. Normally they will be driven by a PA2V2. I am hoping that will add a little bass to them in HD mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back