im616 vs. er6i rehash (same cost now)
Oct 13, 2006 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DickxLaurent

New Head-Fier
I see this has been discussed in some previous threads. However, in this thread, I am hoping for some semi-conclusive thoughts from those who are privileged enough to have experience using both models.

Bear in mind that both are currently of roughly equal cost on Amazon.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't capitalize the model numbers properly.
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 2
I've tried both but not at the same time so my impressions may not be 100% accurate. That said, I like the er6i's sound better. I never got the same palpable, hyper-detailed sound with the im616 as I did with the er6i. Moreover, I thought the bass of the er6i was fine, but the bass of the im616 is just too light for my taste, and I'm not even a basshead. I also remember the soundstage of the er6i sounding a lot bigger than that of the im616. However, I think the high frequency range of the im616 is greater than that of the er6i. I remember of the highs of the er6i sounding like they were rolled off just a bit (which I actually prefer) while I didn't get that impression with the im616. In addition, the im616 was a lot more comfortable for me because the driver housing did not press against my outer ear like the er6i did. If sound quality is your paramount concern though, I'd go with the er6i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back