Im totally confused by it all, keep going round in circles
Jul 29, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a flippantly gratuitous comment that just so happens to be self referential.
wink.gif

????
My English is not good enough to understand what you are saying.
Can you please explain a little bit?

Jul 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #32 of 45
So with my shiney new purchase, would the Meier Areitta (spelling?) be a good match with the DT 770 80ohms?

The Arreita is the top of my price range so no talk of Graham Slee solo or others
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
????
My English is not good enough to understand what you are saying.
Can you please explain a little bit?

Yes I can. What I wrote is very similar to this: If the barber only shaves people who don't shave themselves, who shaves the barber? The only difference is I substituted “a flippantly gratuitous comment” for the barber.

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Yes. What I said is very similar to the following: If the barber only shaves people who don't shave themselves, who shaves the barber? The only difference is I substituted “a flippantly gratuitous comment” for the barber.

English is my primary language, was my course of study in college and has been my career for the past 30 years...and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Tim

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfarney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
English is my primary language, was my course of study in college and has been my career for the past 30 years...and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Tim

Thank you Tim....

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #36 of 45
This:

Tim: Got a decent receiver or integrated amp in the house? Got a credit card with a good limit? Find vendors with liberal return policies, order HD600, DT880, DT990 and K701. Listen to them all and send back the losers. Then start looking for an amp based on the needs of the headphones you keep. Tim

Provoked this:

Tiemen: hmmm, how about ethics?

Tim: If the vendor's policy is 30-days to return for a refund, no questions asked, I don't see an ethical problem. I'm not suggesting that they be returned for false reasons. There are plenty of vendors out there who take the returns for no more reason than it is within 30 days of the purchase. They save a great amount of overhead and reach a much larger customer base by operating without storefronts all over the world where people can audition the products they sell. Part of the cost of reaching such a large market so efficiently is the small inefficiency of a liberal return policy. They know exactly what they're offering with a 30 day, no questions asked return policy, and they know that some people are actually going to take advantage of it.

Leading to this:

wae5: This is a flippantly gratuitous comment that just so happens to be self referential.

Which provoked this:

Tiemen: My English is not good enough to understand what you are saying. Can you please explain a little bit?

And this response:

wae5: Yes I can. What I wrote is very similar to this: If the barber only shaves people who don't shave themselves, who shaves the barber? The only difference is I substituted “a flippantly gratuitous comment” for the barber.

And this too:

Tim: English is my primary language, was my course of study in college and has been my career for the past 30 years...and I have no idea what you're talking about.

And finally this:

Tiemen: Thank you Tim....

All I wanted is for you to be friends.
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #37 of 45
^
I asked a question, Tim gave a satisfying answer. That's all......

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

... own the HD600 which is said to be a HD595 with different cosmetics. ...

that would be the HD580 instead of the HD595, with HD580(=HD600) being better... all those confusing numbers
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway... OP, good thing you've bought the dt770's, now listen to them a lot, see what you like/don't like so you know what you want in your next purchase and then listen some more.

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #40 of 45
Yeh hehe

Im thinking of getting the graham slee solo now, well in a few months.

I heard they have "synergy" (is that a marketing gimmick?) with Senns.

I would like to thank head-fi.org for totally ruining my plans to save for a house. 3 weeks ago I didn't even know there were such things as "headphone amps".

Now I have gone from searching for reviews of the Goldring DR150's to getting a pro-ject amp. Now im looking at £200 headphones and at least 2 of them, and now a £333 Graham slee amp.

BASICALLY, I HATE HEAD-FI.

tongue.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxymoron08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im thinking of getting the graham slee solo now, well in a few months.
Now I have gone from searching for reviews of the Goldring DR150's to getting a pro-ject amp. Now im looking at £200 headphones and at least 2 of them, and now a £333 Graham slee amp.

sounds so familiar, and I don't even know why I first came here anymore.
normal_smile .gif

Then I went to listen in our local store, and now I want them all, I'm just lucky they didn't have de stax and only less expensive grado's, though they taste like more...

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Yes I can. What I wrote is very similar to this: If the barber only shaves people who don't shave themselves, who shaves the barber? The only difference is I substituted “a flippantly gratuitous comment” for the barber.

"Say goodnight, Gracie!"

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

This:

Tim: Got a decent receiver or integrated amp in the house? Got a credit card with a good limit? Find vendors with liberal return policies, order HD600, DT880, DT990 and K701. Listen to them all and send back the losers. Then start looking for an amp based on the needs of the headphones you keep. Tim

Provoked this:

Tim: If the vendor's policy is 30-days to return for a refund, no questions asked, I don't see an ethical problem. I'm not suggesting that they be returned for false reasons. There are plenty of vendors out there who take the returns for no more reason than it is within 30 days of the purchase. They save a great amount of overhead and reach a much larger customer base by operating without storefronts all over the world where people can audition the products they sell. Part of the cost of reaching such a large market so efficiently is the small inefficiency of a liberal return policy. They know exactly what they're offering with a 30 day, no questions asked return policy, and they know that some people are actually going to take advantage of it.

Leading to this:

wae5: This is a flippantly gratuitous comment that just so happens to be self referential.

Which provoked this:

Tiemen: My English is not good enough to understand what you are saying. Can you please explain a little bit?

And this response:

wae5: Yes I can. What I wrote is very similar to this: If the barber only shaves people who don't shave themselves, who shaves the barber? The only difference is I substituted “a flippantly gratuitous comment” for the barber.

And this too:

Tim: English is my primary language, was my course of study in college and has been my career for the past 30 years...and I have no idea what you're talking about.

And finally this:

Tiemen: Thank you Tim....

All I wanted is for you to be friends.
wink.gif

And the ironic thought is that the title of this thread is:

"Im totally confused by it all, keep going round in circles"
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back