I'm thinking of getting a DA10, but how to hook everything up?
May 22, 2009 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Max Dread

Head-Fier
I'm seriously thinking of saving some money and putting it towards a Lavry DA10. I've heard such great things about it and from people whose opinions I really trust (esp Martin Walker @ SOS).

Anyways, this digital world is all a bit new to me and I get confused as to how I would hook all my gear up and what the Lavry can or Cannot do connectivitiy wise. Here's the list of gear I'll be using relevant to the digital world:

- EMU 1820M soundcard.
- Presonus Digimax FS. I'll be hooking this up to the EMU via ADAT for a couple of purposes........1. For the 8x additional Mic Pre's. 2. To integrate external analogue outboard gear during recording and mixing.
- POD XT Pro. I will be using the Digital IO on this for recording and also for playback.
- At some point I might like to get a cheap CD Player with digital out to use as a transport, so that I can listen to music with the DA10 when my PC is off.

Havent got a clue how I would hook all these Digital inputs and outputs up though, so any help would be great.

Many thanks

Max

PS - is Soundtools the only retailer in the UK?

May 23, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 4
The EMU cards allow you to use "coax" or "toslink" i/o, one or the other for both input and output. Depending on your other gear you'll want to set the word clock to either internal (on card) or external (some other device). I used both an AD-10 and DA-10 with an EMU 1212M for realtime recording and monitoring of vinyl archiving...it worked well. The EMU looked at the AD-10 for word sync and the DA10 looked to the the EMU card for a 24/96.

DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back