I'm sure there is a bunch already? but cable for HD6XX suggestions with a twist?
Dec 26, 2021 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

atarione

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so despite my lifetime hatred of dual cable entry headphones, I asked for and got HD6XX's for xmas... (i'm annoyed as the purchaser paid full price however... lame I should have just had them give me money for them and ordered them on BF price to save them money.. but whatever... ) I digress I'm sure there have been many threads about hd600/50/xx cables.. and this is another one.. However...
I have four requirements: (which may make this worth asking again?... if not accept my apologies and have a happy boxing day/new years).

Requirements:
1. non balanced (don't have a balanced amp)
2. sound good? better than stock drop cable
3. not be very expensive... not going to spend a ton on a cable for anything :)
4. (most important) have a longer gap between the headphones and the split... I'm a relatively large man and I have a big head and the stock cable is too short from the v (or whatever you call it) see photo.. sort of feels like the stock cable almost would choke me.. which is why I don't like dual cable entry headphones generally... In fairness I am enjoying these HD6XX's sound very much so far... just hate the cable.
cable.jpg

Anyways cheers and thank you for any assistance, I hope your holidays were great whatever they might be and that the new years is good for you and yours.

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you looked at Hart Audio Cables? I know they have a great reputation and I have purchased from them in the past, very easy to deal with. They also have a custom order department so you may be able to have them make that section of the cable longer for you?

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 3
https://www.amazon.com/KK-Cable-Replacement-Compatible-Headphone/dp/B08KPLJ4W2/?th=1

I picked up the balanced version of the above cable and I have very few complaints. Fwiw, KK is one of the better price/performance cable sellers on amazon, from my anecdotal experience. And the Y-split is definitely generous with the cable I got. But it only comes single-ended in 6.3mm. If you need a 3.5mm terminated cable, the one below is around the same price, but different OEM (not sure about the Y-split).

https://drop.com/buy/tripowin-granvia-headphone-cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back