I'm stupid... (another HD600 thread)
Apr 25, 2002 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Multi

100+ Head-Fier
But I can't seem to consistently keep my HD600s in a comfortable position on my head.
redface.gif

I've had it for a couple weeks now and the cups are still tight, and I never seem to put on the cans right! Since the cups seemingly aren't supposed to be straight up and down, I always find myself putting them in strange uncomfortable positions (although sometimes it just fits perfectly and I don't want to ever take it off in fear I'd lose the position
smily_headphones1.gif
).

I feel really silly posting this thread but it's starting to annoy me. Any suggestions for this poor dumb fellow?
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2002 at 10:07 AM Post #5 of 11
They will loosen up after a few weeks.
I had the same problem, and simply placed some CD cases between the phones to hold them open when not in use. That helped.

Apr 25, 2002 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 11
HI:
I am also stupid, welcome to the club. I have the 580s and when I hold them up in front of me and look at them the head band is a little forward. Then the cups are straight up and down. So when I but the cans on I push the head band a little forward towards the front of my head and the cups line up straight on my ears. Hope this helps.
team stupid

Apr 25, 2002 at 11:41 AM Post #7 of 11
You can remove the cushion from the earcups, and flatten them by putting it under a pile of phone books for a period of time, couple with fully extending the headband and keeping it apart. That reduces the tension. I did not have to do that with to my HD580.

Apr 26, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #8 of 11
i found my HD-600's a tiny weenie bit tight, but I fixed all of it by just extending down one of the cups a click and the pressure was off. they felt a bit loose but i still got good "pad" sealage and and were much more comfortable on long listening periods.

Apr 26, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 11
could it possibly be that your hair is too long for the sennheisers to grip properly? Shaving your head may be the solution. Please dont sue me if this doesnt cure the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back