I'm stumped, need a reasonable explaination.
Sep 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

drsamdc

New Head-Fier
I have some IEMs with asymetrical lengths from the splitter to the buds. The left is shorter than the right. I give up. Why? I'm guessing it has something to do with where you strap your DAP but I just don't get it.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah, that's called a J-cord.  Most people don't like them...I think they're designed so you can wrap one side around the back of your neck or something.  Either that or so you can let one side hang down easier...still though, I prefer the traditional Y-cord method.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 8
It's called a j-cord I believe and the point of it is for putting the bud with the longer cord around the back of your neck. I think.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the feedback. Its a Sony IEM and it makes winding it for storage/ transportation annoying. I wear other IEMs behind my back and over the ear without any problem. I guess  it made sense to some engineer at some time enough to make it into production. It's no big deal but I find in odd.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 8
J cords are great for portability. Ur can hold a one eared random conversation easier. Plus if u ever have to de-ear, it will less likely fall on the ground and u won't step on it. U can have it resting around ur neck with a more convenient way of putting it back in if u had to de-ear. Too bad their easier to break the cord, as u have more chances to tug on the cord or have it snagged on something. Hence, durability = Y, portability = J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back