I'm starting to hate Koss
Dec 25, 2001 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

melancholypunk

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my ksc 50's today. They are quite uncomfortable. They are big and heavy and very loose feeling.

I'm afraid I'm going to have go to against the major grain here and pick up the Sony StreetStyle headphones. I know they sound really bad but they are quite comfortable to wear.

I know someone is going to tell me to get the ksc 35, but I can't imagine they would be comfortable either (I'm not a fan of these clip-on type earphones).

So in conclusion I'm gonna get stuck with crappy phones because I have a weird head and strange ears.

Dec 25, 2001 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 51
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

ROFLMAO!!!

Dec 25, 2001 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 51
hehe, nuts to that! My money has come to an end, I don't have any left to experiment on the 35, cuz I swear, if i get ONE more pair of headphones that are going to sit in a drawer, I'll give up listening to music

Dec 25, 2001 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 51
Well, everybody that has tried both the 35 and the 50 say that the 35's are way more comfortable, and sound a little better on top of that.

If clip-ons bother you THAT much, how about going for the Porta Pro? I owned both the 50s and the Portas at one point (I sold the Portas to a friend) and I will with everybody here that the 50s are more neutral sounding than the Porta, while the Porta is boomier, but it's a lot more comfortable IMO, especially when you set the "comfort zone" switch to "light".
And trust me, the Portas are a HELL of a lot better sounding than the Streetstyle Sonys! I've heard a couple of them and they both really sucked.

[size=medium]DON'T BUY THOSE CRAPPY SONYS![/size]

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 51
I'm listening to the 50's right now and yes they do sound good, but I'm sitting still so they are ok. I need phones that I can walk around with and turn my head, these constantly feel like they are about to fall off.

My ears curve out a bit I suppose, which is why they dont fit properly (or no clip ones will work)

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 51
i don't understand the problem
you must have one awkward head

well no offence but it's supposed to be great on the go and I have never had an issue with it

meh... if you want to get the sony garbage just because of ergonomics

this isn't the place to admit it...
Sound is #1

lol

I urge you to consider other options, or heck even go for Ety's and you won't look to purchase too much further later on

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 51
I had the ex70's sounded good, but hurt my ears. The doc said no more cancal phones.

So that eliminates all those types. Earphones don't stay in. I don't want headphones that cover your ears because I need to be on the go with them.

So I need streetstyle-ish, I only wish the 55's fit well cuz those were nice looking and sounding.

I'm gonna check out the headphone store and see what they have there.

Can someone send me a pic of the sportapro, are those the one that the strap adjusts to go over your head or to the back of your head.

ps - I have spiked hair, so the traditional over the head thing won't really fly.

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #10 of 51
ah jeeze apparences

man...
hrm...

take some grado sr-80s and supermod them into some
around the ear thingies
lol

man...

I"d say who cares about the spiky hair
put on some V6 with velor
solve your problems

Dec 25, 2001 at 4:13 AM Post #14 of 51
so the ladies will not go out with you just because of your headphones? Who are these ladies, audiophiles? That's no excuse to get a pair of ****ty Streetstyles, nothing should make you get that!

Koss makes a street-style version of the 50's, GET THAT before you do the unthinkable and get one of the worst headphones ever made, the Sony Streetstyle.

large_KSC55.jpg

Behind-the-Head-stereophone

Dynamic element for deep bass
Nylon-covered cord eliminates tangling and improves cord durability
Lightweight

$19.99

KSC55 stereophone specifications

Frequency Response 15-25,000 Hz
Cord Straight, Dual Entry, 4ft
Plug 3.5 mm
Impedance 60 ohms
Weight 2.0 oz