im starting to get the feeling that head fi is mostly dudes..
Feb 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #61 of 76

Quote:
Do you really think all women are obsessed with shoes and clothes that much?  You need to get out more, expand your horizons 
biggrin.gif

And you really think all guys are obsessed with gears/toys? You need to get in the house more! ;p

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #62 of 76
Like I said elsewhere, women are no less aesthetes than men, so there's no reason they should appreciate good sound less.  I do think the gear probably gets in the way.  In a way, a true audiophile has more in common with a shoe-and-clothes-appreciating woman than a gearhead--it's about the aesthetics rather than the physical thing itself.  FWIW, I've always shopped for my wife's clothes and shoes.  For some reason she has little patience for it and I have a good eye for women's fashions.

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #63 of 76
Holy stereotype batman!!
Oh look what you did there so clever 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
 Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play a violent videogame and have a beer while my guy friend is out clothes shopping (!!!
eek.gif
)

Quote:
Do you really think all women are obsessed with shoes and clothes that much?  You need to get out more, expand your horizons 
biggrin.gif

And you really think all guys are obsessed with gears/toys? You need to get in the house more! ;p

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #64 of 76
[size=medium]
[size=medium]
[size=medium]
Women. Can't live with them, can't fend off a coven of space vampires without them. Well, you can, just not very well. 
[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #67 of 76
I bought my chick a pair of AKG's and she went "meh". 

I bought my chick a necklace she went "Woah" and kissed me.

I bought my chick a new monitor and she went "meh". 

I bought my chick a new cell phone and she "Woah" and kissed me.

I took her to the restaraunt and went to the art exhibit with her and...XXXXXX

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #68 of 76

Quote:
It's not Gender-Fi, so nobody cares. From time to time someone does care and the only result is this kind of threads. There are women on the interwebs.. big deal.

Quote:
Oh God, I can't wait for the countless threads made by 19 year old girls desperately seeking audiophile enlightenment and maybe some Grados, if you're done using them.

mr grumpy gills over here

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #70 of 76
Neah, I'm not grumpy, I just don't care that women don't care about head-fi. As a matter of fact, I'm currently enjoying a brand-spanking-new pair of Grado SR80i. My girlfriend, OTOH, does not care a bit, beyond mentioning they look weird and sound good.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #71 of 76

Quote:
I bought my chick a pair of AKG's and she went "meh". 

I bought my chick a necklace she went "Woah" and kissed me.

I bought my chick a new monitor and she went "meh". 

I bought my chick a new cell phone and she "Woah" and kissed me.

I took her to the restaraunt and went to the art exhibit with her and...XXXXXX

You're chicken must be really lucky. If only I had livestock I admired so. Sigh...

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #72 of 76

Quote:
Holy stereotype batman!!
Oh look what you did there so clever 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
 Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play a violent videogame and have a beer while my guy friend is out clothes shopping (!!!
eek.gif
)

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Nice cans,

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #74 of 76
I think there are still women who are interested in HiFi, they are just not active in forum sites. Based on my experience most active posters on forum site are actually males. Regardless of having feminine sounding nicknames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back