im starting to get the feeling that head fi is mostly dudes..
Feb 7, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 76
My wife LOVES her Sennheiser HD-580s. She had a pair of 590s before that (my old pair in fact, long before she was my wife back when she was just a friend).

She appreciates good audio just as much as we do.

The difference is she isn't really interested in talking about the finer points of appreciating it. She might tell somebody "oh you should really try a pair of good headphones, you would probably really appreciate them given the way you listen to music", but that's the extent of it.

Basically in my experience, men tend to care more about the ins-and-outs of their toys (or at least the discussion of such) more than women do, women usually just care about the enjoyment itself.

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #17 of 76
1276586098625.jpg

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #19 of 76
My girlfriend likes talking.. I like listening. Multiply this by a few thousand and you get Head-Fi. All the women are on the hi-fi microphone forums, I reckon :D

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #20 of 76

Quote:
My girlfriend likes talking.. I like listening. Multiply this by a few thousand and you get Head-Fi. All the women are on the hi-fi microphone forums, I reckon :D

lol
very true, i will check the microphone forums. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #22 of 76
That's it exactly, what am I even doing here? My simple womans mind with it's terrible sense of direction strikes again!! I'd better totter back to the kitchen, sandwiches need to be made!! And then I need to gossip to my friends incessantly about pretty shoes and clothes and cooking and how much I hate hobbies that only men could ever like such as cars and videogames!!1!!1one 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Probably too busy doing the washing up.

Feb 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #25 of 76
Quote:
Women are most often social creates. Men are not always so. Audiophilia and technophilia are a little anti-social, in that they are hobbies that are usually enjoyed alone. The same applies to video games, cars, and other hobbies that tend to attract mainly men.

This pretty much sums it up.

Feb 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #27 of 76
I'm the only audiofool in my family.
The other three, who are women think that my Stax setup
sounds the same as a pair of HD201's hooked to an MP3 player.
Go figure....

And yes, HF is mostly sausage.

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #30 of 76

not that it really matters, but am i wrong?  why would this be? shouldn't men and women like good music quality equally? i see about equal amounts of men and women wearing bose phones out and about, i wonder about the ratio of more obscure headphones. your thoughts head fi?

It's that way in everything. Religion, politics, Facebook. The top 5 or 6 Web companies like Facebook have no (that's zero) women on their boards. That's not even tech jobs! But if men are running the tech stuff and games, it's worse in music. Take rock at its pinnacle - progressive rock or whatever it is/was called. How many women there? Besides "Heart", just about zero. Blues and Jazz? Very few. Women are relegated to the back of the bus in pop music. In indie-pop there are/were bands like Third Sex, Tiger Trap, and Sleater Kinney, but those bands are unheard of by 99 percent of American youth, who can't hear them on their radio stations. On Internet radio, I haven't ever found a station that would play the girl bands similar to what I mentioned, without being surrounded and overwhelmed by male bands. Not one single station on planet Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back