im starting to get the feeling that head fi is mostly dudes..
Feb 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

anoldvolvo240

Head-Fier
not that it really matters, but am i wrong?  why would this be? shouldn't men and women like good music quality equally? i see about equal amounts of men and women wearing bose phones out and about, i wonder about the ratio of more obscure headphones. your thoughts head fi?

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 76
Not having to purchase shoes tends to free up the budget.
wink.gif

Just don't tell my girlfriend I dared utter such words.
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 76
Women are most often social creates. Men are not always so. Audiophilia and technophilia are a little anti-social, in that they are hobbies that are usually enjoyed alone. The same applies to video games, cars, and other hobbies that tend to attract mainly men.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 76
hahah, true, headphones tend to seem pretty anti social. though personally, i love splitting headphones 3 ways and listening with friends. also, has anyone here heard of MuMu player? if not, get on it because it is amazing. up to 5 people can join one chat room and play music from their own libraries for everyone to hear. Basically just hanging out, chatting, and sharing tunes, its amazing

www.mumuplayer.com

seriously its mindblowing. such a great way to find and share new music.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 76

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #9 of 76

Quote:
when's the last time you had a conversation in real life with a woman, other than your significant other, about audiophile grade headphones?

I can't count the last conversation I've had in real life about music quality with people in general. This is of course taking out any specific meet-up you would have in mind.

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 76
These threads must really encourage women to become a more active part of the community 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #15 of 76
Quote:
Quote:
Probably too busy doing the washing up.

Yes, that must be it, exactly
rolleyes.gif
 Come to think of it, what am I doing out of the kitchen and on the computer?

...looking up a recipe for your husbands dinner? 
redface.gif
 ~ Just kidding, perhaps guys are lazy and have more time to sit down and listen to headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back