I'm really starting to dislike Zune support
Jan 19, 2010 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Brewmaster

100+ Head-Fier
Just a venting thread as I'm getting very frustrated with MS and their Zune support.

First Zune - Flaky back-light (probably a bad soldering job) so I sent it back before it was out of warranty.

Second Zune - Seemed to partially crash all the time. Press pause and the music would continue but the screen would show paused and the time not incrementing. Other times it would just lock up. This happened about hourly or so.

Third Zune - Won't sync past about 4% of my library. Spent about 4 hours on this one trying every conceivable fix I could find on the web. I'm now convinced it's a hardware problem.

If the fourth one comes back and it has a problem I'm not sure what I will do.
Hammer?

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 9
What Zune model?

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 9
Yeah, they keep working with you, but the product just sucks, apparently.

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, they keep working with you, but the product just sucks, apparently.

Not Really i've only had one zune fail on me (HDD problem after 6 months) and i've owned every Zune since 06 except for HD which IDK

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #6 of 9
It seems like support is at least decent if they're working with you and replacing your Zune everytime (which is how it should be, don't get me wrong).

I thought this was going to be more like aftermarket zune support. that's a big killer for me, mostly that there are so few car headunits out there that can connect to a zune via dock.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 9
First I would like to apologize to Microsoft. Shortly after posting this message most of the function keys on my MS keyboard stopped working. A reboot fixed things, but the message was received loud and clear. I recommend everybody buy a Zune, or two Zunes!

It was 2 Zune 16's, the last one was a Zune 80 which they provided after the first 2 failures.

I have my fingers crossed, that 4th time is the one.

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Why blame the support when it is the Zune itself that fails?
At least it seems like they try...

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why blame the support when it is the Zune itself that fails?
At least it seems like they try...

I blame the support (and by that I mean the repair center) because I expect them to ship me back a working product.

I've now wasted my time putting in the support requests, shipping the product, trying to troubleshoot the product. I don't have time for this stuff.

I just want a working Zune!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back