I'm on my FOURTH/FIFTH Zune 80.
Aug 13, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #16 of 30
Aug 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pecker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when you get a replacement the one year warranty starts all over again...

Should still be able to change the player. That's UK law any way.

I have had my zune around 8 month and it has never crashed, never laggy to a point of annoyance.

Have you installed the latest firmware whenever receiving the replacement zunes?

I have nothing but respect for the zune. So I assume you have have been unlucky and got the only 4/5 bad zunes out there
biggrin.gif

Living in the UK, I'm not aware of the renewal of the warranty thing...

Most products come with limited x years warranty which I don't think is renewed (is that what the limited refers to?)

Can you quote your source for the info?

cheers

Aug 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #19 of 30
Wow.... this is either a clever fanboy sabotage or you are spectacularly unlucky.
My Zune has had none of the issues you describe.
Hiss? The Zune's background noise is ZERO. SILENT. BLACK.

So if maybe 1 in 100 Zunes are bad and you got 4 or 5 duds in a row??? The odds of that are higher than winning the lottery.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #20 of 30
I've heard of a few instances of the first released Zune 80's having a hard drive spin noise problem and static through the HP out. Bad batches that MS replaced (apparently didn't get em' all). The Zune 80 I had was quiet as a church mouse (except when I cranked the volume!!!).

Aug 14, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaoipower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Living in the UK, I'm not aware of the renewal of the warranty thing...

Most products come with limited x years warranty which I don't think is renewed (is that what the limited refers to?)

Can you quote your source for the info?

cheers

Yes that's the only time it isn't renewed when limited.

Also I little unknown EU rule is all electronics have 2 year warranty
wink.gif

I was told this and shown the source last year or so. So maybe no longer true. I will look for the source I was shown for you.

Sorry to go off topic OP.

Aug 16, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonShine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.... this is either a clever fanboy sabotage or you are spectacularly unlucky.
My Zune has had none of the issues you describe.
Hiss? The Zune's background noise is ZERO. SILENT. BLACK.

So if maybe 1 in 100 Zunes are bad and you got 4 or 5 duds in a row??? The odds of that are higher than winning the lottery.

Nah, this is the real crap. My friend's Zune 80 doesn't do the crap mine have.

Aug 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #23 of 30
Love my Zune so far, no problems with it!

I have had to RMA microsoft brand products in the past and they were good about it; even my xbox wasn't too bad of an experience even though it took 3-4 weeks
frown.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 30
My son RMA'd an Xbox and got a new 1 as a replacement. It was out of warranty so it cost $108.00 w/s&h but it's all good.

Aug 24, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #25 of 30
I feel your pain! I started with a Zen and upgraded to a Zune.

Making the mistake of syncing to the PC at work, I mistakenly "upgraded" the firmware. When I tried to use it at home, where my music resides, it wouldn't sync. The home PC software wouldn't upgrade without upgrading my Windows OS. I eventually broke down and built a new PC with an fresh OEM Win OS.

Then the Zune player died during a workout. I don't know if it was the Dire Straits live playlist or the sweat the dripped on the player. Gave it to an EE, letting him know he could keep it if he got it to work. After disassembly, he tossed it.

I moved over to a 5G ipod classic and love it! iTunes blows the kludgy Zune software out of the water. The user interface is unparalleled. Most importantly, the build quality is MUCH better, making it more appropriate for gym use.

Aug 24, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #26 of 30
Someone got their money back from MS? is that possible? Because I'm also on my 5th Zune, and this one seems to be screwed too. Althought I haven't had any harddrive noise, they are all extremely laggy, most of the batteries were crap, one of them I got the headphone jack didn't work. I thought about selling this one, but if there is a problem I'll try to send it back to microsoft.

Aug 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #27 of 30
If the HP out sounded better to me I'd get an iPod again me'self. Well, if the Touch was 64gb I'd deal. I don't know about being more solidly built but the total package is very appealing. don't care who gets pissed at me BUT I wish the Zune software was as good as iTunes is. Beouch all you like - iTunes is tight!!! And I've got over 10,000 songs so SCREW drag&Drop for me!!!

Aug 25, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by audible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If itunes wasn't such a terrible interface, I'd hop back onto Apple.

You actually prefer the Zune software/interface? Wow, that just goes to show how different product appeal to different people. Isn't the free market grand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back