I'm off to the Symphony!
Nov 30, 2004 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jjcapurro

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
I'm just excited and thought I'd share... For my girlfriend & I's 1 month, as well as her x-mas gift, I bought tickets to the December 11th concert for Joshua Bell with the San Francisco Symphony. He'll be playing Tchaikovsky's only violin concerto. Good times! ...gotta send the Armani to the cleaners...

Cheers!
Jeremy

Heres the description from sfsymphony.org:
Joshua Bell, hailed by the Washington Post as “one of the finest musicians of his generation,” reinvents one of the best-loved violin concertos of all time. Italian conductor Roberto Abbado lends his compelling approach to one of Ravel’s most popular works—an orchestral showpiece of gorgeous, glimmering music. The Busoni is a lovely lullaby, with a touch of wistful melancholy.

Nov 30, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Wow! The Tchaikovsky violin concerto is really lovely. And Abbado is a really nice conductor for romantic music. I'm really looking forward to hearing the local professional symphony orchestra here on thursday. They're going to play The Rite of Spring! Anyway, enjoy the concert!

Nov 30, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 4
have a nice evening
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 4
You guys should have a really good time. I heard him play that concerto when he was here in NJ with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, and it was played quite well. The orchestra played Shostakovich's Symphony No. 11 as well (sans Bell).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back