I'm now a proud HD650 owner
Oct 4, 2007 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

captian73

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm on my third song, and have had them for less than 20 mins, but from the the time i plugged them in, they sounded .........brilliant. do they get better with a bit o burn in? i mean, they're performing well at the moment.

Downside: the comments about the clamping effect are right, it is slightly on the tight side, and the top of my head is starting to ache, but the sound.....my goodness the sound...

....oh, and they leak like a sieve

what music do you feel is best suited to the HD650's?

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 580's were tight at first that went away after a week or so.

think it's a matter of getting used to them.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 50
Senn HD650 sound is hard to beat. It also scales extremely well depending on your source and amp. If you turn it into balanced mode...it will turn in to a different animal. After owning many, many cans in the past, I decided to build a "decent" balanced rig around HD650/HD580. Oh!...and there is cable swapping...so you got a great start with HD650
wink.gif

I like anything vocal on HD650 and anything non-vocal on HD580.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 50
How would YOU compare the 650 to your PROline 750?

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not to hijack the thread, but what is a good amp to use with the hd650s?

stop hijacking this thread
very_evil_smiley.gif
only joking.
cool.gif
I'm using my Go-Vibe V5 because it's the only amp i have.

Quote:

How would YOU compare the 650 to your PROline 750?

good question. I do love gut thumping bass, but i'm trying to mature a little, and so to start with the 750's bass is deeper, punchier and more noticable. the whole 750 presentation is more forward, but that's not to say the 750's sound closed, although the sound staging (i was taught to say 3D imaging) isn't as open as the HD650's.

As for crisp performance, once again that goes to the HD650's but yet again that's not to damn the Proline 750's with faint praise. had i not borught the HD650's the i still would feel more than pleased with my 750's.

if you want the extra bit of thump, then go for the Ultrasone's, but for my HD25-1's, Bose Triports and the Proline 750's, i've got enough bassy headphones to get on with.

it's only because in the UK the HD650's are around the £160-170 mark and the Ultrasone 750's.... i got mine for £159. In hinesight, although the 750's are good, i would go straight for the HD650's, but i wanted to try something other than sennheiser at the time, and the Ultrasone's got good reviews.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stop hijacking this thread
very_evil_smiley.gif
only joking.
cool.gif
I'm using my Go-Vibe V5 because it's the only amp i have.

good question. I do love gut thumping bass, but i'm trying to mature a little, and so to start with the 750's bass is deeper, punchier and more noticable. the whole 750 presentation is more forward, but that's not to say the 750's sound closed, although the sound staging (i was taught to say 3D imaging) isn't as open as the HD650's.

As for crisp performance, once again that goes to the HD650's but yet again that's not to damn the Proline 750's with faint praise. had i not borught the HD650's the i still would feel more than pleased with my 750's.

if you want the extra bit of thump, then go for the Ultrasone's, but for my HD25-1's, Bose Triports and the Proline 750's, i've got enough bassy headphones to get on with.

it's only because in the UK the HD650's are around the £160-170 mark and the Ultrasone 750's.... i got mine for £159. In hinesight, although the 750's are good, i would go straight for the HD650's, but i wanted to try something other than sennheiser at the time, and the Ultrasone's got good reviews.

Heh. You took the route I took, except reversed. I got my Sennheiser first and now I have the Ultrasone.

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh. You took the route I took, except reversed. I got my Sennheiser first and now I have the Ultrasone.

and what's your conclusion?

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #12 of 50
To quote a famous knight, "You have chosen...wisely"
600smile.gif

The clamping should go away with time. You will also adjust to the warmth around your ears in due time. My senns now feel like an extension of my body. The most natural feeling 'phones I've used. You will find you just forget they are on after a while.

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and what's your conclusion?

Currently I still prefer the Sennheiser.

I don't have an amp right now, so my current opinions are flaky.

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My senns now feel like an extension of my body. The most natural feeling 'phones I've used. .

it's strange feeling, but i feel like the diaphragms aren't there, like somehow, i could put my hand thought them. they are very open and airy.

after the gut wrenching tragedy of buying the Super.fi 5EB's, this has put a smile on my face.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #15 of 50
Captain, your Sennheiser isn't fully burned-in yet, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back