I'm new... What headphones should I get!?!?
May 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It means keeping the sound on the inside, inside and the sound on the outside, outside. The Q40 is not very good at either.

Where is the D1001 fan club when you need them?

The D1001 don't isolate all that well. Both the JVC HA RX700 or 900 do a better job in that regard.

May 15, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by idkwhatheadphonesare /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these ****ers comfy... I'm talking like 5 hours straight wearing them?!
How duable are they?

With the D1001s, they're so light it's easy to forget you're wearing them. Durability remains a question in my mind, so I treat them extra gently. The biggest risk for me is getting up with them on and ripping out the wires.

May 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by idkwhatheadphonesare /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the d1001 on ear or do they go around them?!

around..
and they are very comfy.

May 16, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by abrahamleay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATH-M50 are gettin popular, look for threads on this forum about them, also reviews on other websites, haven't tried them yet, but you can get them for $130 on Amazon, and I think that for the price, you can't go wrong!

I bought a pair of M50 recently and I quite like their SQ but they are not all that comfortable with my big ears. Cups need to be a bit larger for my ears and the clamping force was quite tight at first but it is now loosening up a bit. I do like their punchy SQ though so put up with the not so great comfort level.

May 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by killz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is m50 better than AD 700?

M50 are a closed headphone and AD700 are open so they would sound quite different. A700 is the closed version. I've never heard AD700 or A700. Going from what I have read though I would think M50 has better bass than AD700 and AD700 has wider soundstage. AD700 or A700 would both be more comfortable than M50.

May 17, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #43 of 44
@idkwhatheadphonesare, Dude you need to relax and/or stop eating sugar before you log on the internet.

All of the headphones are fine choices.

And no, none of these headphones are going to break as easy as you think they are. Like you said, you are new to this, you probably stuck with cheapo $10 headphones before which DO break like twigs. These don't, so rest assured.

I personally love the RX700 but those are OOS everywhere - go for the Denon 1001's. Beyer Dynamic is also good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back