I'm new... What headphones should I get!?!?
May 14, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 44
Another vote for the D1001's
They aren't as fragile as they look.. course I haven't really been rough with them

I haven't heard of anyone breaking them.

May 14, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by idkwhatheadphonesare /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL ok ya I was looking at the dt770s haha but I guess those are out of the question
And more phones I should look at?!

First, hello and welcome to the Head-fi community. Second, I don't think you should rule out the DT770 (pro80 ohm version) so quickly. I find that they work fine straight out of an ipod and have no problems from my computer. Like most headphones, they work better with an amp, but if you're really worried about them needing amping for power reasons and such, get a fiio or other small portable. To me these sound like a good option based on the given criteria, they isolate quite well for normal use, are solid as a tank, they are known for having that "little extra bass", and the velour pads are quite comfortable. I'm not trying to say that they are he greatest, nor am I trying to suggest that they beat all these other headphones, just that you should not write them off too quickly. The DT770 can be very good phones unamped, and meet the other criteria so take another look!

May 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #21 of 44
Denon d1001 - I'm using the OEM which is Creative Aurvana Live! So far so great. I read somewhere that they have identical drivers and comfort level as well. You should definitely checkout the d1001's

May 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #22 of 44
have you considered the Ulatrasone HFI-780. I listen to the same music as you and love them

Tried ATH-ES7 > DT770 > Dre Beats and the HFI-780 beat all hands down in every aspect except comfort.

Works perfectly unamped out of my Cowon D2

Good luck.

May 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #23 of 44
LOL of corse I have not owned dt770s....i'm new to this and never have owned and head phones over 50$$ haha and no I have never looked at the ultrasones.. Never heard of them but I'll check them out and .I have been looking at the d1001 and they look nice I just wanna see what else is out there! Plus I wanna see if I can get some used here for cheaper and I have about 2.5 weeks left untill I can post in the for sale topic.... So there isn't really any rush.

May 15, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #24 of 44
One of the things I was impressed about the DT770 pros was the durable feel. They give you the impression they can be used to fend off thieves and still work afterwords, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Hey is it me or are the HFI-780s kinda FOTM?

May 15, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #26 of 44
My vote goes to the denon d1001 as well. I don't think they feel very durable, but they actually are. I've dropped mine countless times onto hardwood floor and they still look and sound flawless. These would also work perfectly coming directly out of your ipod/comp. They're a great option to introduce you to this hobby.

May 15, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #28 of 44
Alright I think I'm going to get the d1001s they seem right for me
Just a few questions
Are these ****ers comfy... I'm talking like 5 hours straight wearing them?!
If I decide to get a amp will it make these better?!
Who wants to sell me a pair
smily_headphones1.gif
I got one offer already but I think I can get a better offer!
How duable are they?

May 15, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #30 of 44
Ok 1 swear word... Ops sorry to all the 12 year olds posting in a headphone forum :/
And how a that "hardcore gangsta" idk what that even means..
Any ways I'm not gunna start a flame fest!! So here is my sorry for a word that this forum blanks out anyways with * < those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back