I'm looking to upgrade, $100-200 range. :)
Dec 6, 2009 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Satellite_6

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been given lots of money from relatives for x-mas, and honestly, I don't think there is anything else I'd rather spend the money on than headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm looking for a full sized pair of open cans that aren't too hard to power. I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD 595's and the Alessandro MS1s. If I could get the spacers from someone, the MS1000 mod looks awesome. Do these modified $100 headphones really beat the HD 595's? Any other recommendations? I listen to a lot of electronic (like Daft Punk) and rock if that helps.

I have a few more questions. For now I would just use them w/ my DAPs, but I might get an external sound card or something some time down the road. Could I get a source that sounds considerably better than my DAPs in the same price range as the headphones? One more thing, I'm quite sure my i7 at least will be able to power either of these, but will I have to worry about them with a (future) sound card?

I require your knowledge and opinions. xD

thanks.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 5
I'd reccommend closed an portable headphones for your DAP use. I'm sure SQ is top priority, and portable cans can sound just as good as full size, but sometimes yes, it can seem like bigge rheadphones give u better sound. Well in some cases yes, but still think about the actual practicalness of the hd 595 for a minute. Yeah.

Check out the SRH 840 and HD 25-1

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Good point, but I already love my HD 485's for portable-ness and my IEMS for noisey-area portable-ness. I really looking for the best value I can get for the money and I'll mainly be using them at home. If I can get a home pair that beats my other headphones in every way, I may try to sell my current headphones and get a better pair of IEMs as well.

it's just that until I get a sound card or some other source I'll just be using my dad's ancient stereo system and my DAPs.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Used HD 600 maybe. Later get a Head Direct EF-2

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Used HD 600 maybe. Later get a Head Direct EF-2

Wouldn't they be hard to power? 300 ohms.

edit; oh, I see.

Well that's definitely something to consider, Not entirely sure about buying something used though. I require more opinions, I'll check back tomorrow. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back