I'm looking for tough, durable IEMs with good sound and a slim profile.
Feb 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Weirdo87

Head-Fier
I love my Vsonic GR07 Classic. They sound great. And they have a slim profile that doesn't jut out from my ears, so I can lie on my side and not get stabbed in my eardrum.

One problem: they're falling apart. I have duct tape holding them together. They are not long for this world.

So I'm looking for new IEMs. I have a few criteria:

1. Good sound. They don't have to sound quite as good as my GR07, but I don't want a significant downgrade.
  2. Slim profile. I often listen to music before I fall asleep. I need IEMs that sit fairly flush with my ears so I can lie on my side without them uncomfortably stabbing into my ear.
  3. Durability. I want IEMs that last longer than my GR07 has. I often fall asleep wearing IEMs, so they need to be tough enough to endure my tossing and turning. Replacable cables might be nice, but they're not necessary.
  4. Not too expensive. I'd like to keep the cost under $100.

My current top candidate is the Shure SE215. I like their slim profile and how I can replace the cables if I break them. But I'd prefer better sound. And if there are less expensive options, that would be great.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back