I'm looking for some new, cheap headphones.
May 23, 2010 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

krej

New Head-Fier
Right now I'm looking at either the JVC Marshmallow, JVC Gumy, or Koss KSC75. My requirements of what I want is something cheap($25 or less), comfortable, good sound with good bass, and something thats durable.

The Marshamllows seem nice in every department but durability. I've read a bunch of places that say that they get dirty and worn out quick.

The Gumy seems nice, but I heard its bass isn't that great.

The Koss seems nice but I have a really cheap free Nintendo clip on headphone and it isn't comfortable at all. But seeing how that it came free with my DS case, I'm thinking thats what it isn't comfortable and that there is still hope for this pair of headphones. Also, I've always thought that earbuds/iem's looked cooler than clip ons, which is why I still want to look at the JVCs.

I don't want cans, or whatever the style is that has a headband thing that goes around your head. I want them to be portable so that I can easily just throw them in my backpack at school.

Also, I'm not an audiophile so I don't need a top of the line pair. I have the money to spend $100+ on a pair of headphones, but it's just not worth it to me. I'm not willing to pay more than $25 on them.

May 23, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #2 of 6
Go with the KSC75, but they won't last too long if you throw them around too much.

May 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 6
All right, thanks. However, before I go and buy these, are there any other headphones that might be good for me in this price range?

I thought about this after I went to sleep last night, but although I named those 3, I'm willing to look at a different pair if its better. I want to try to make an as informed decision as possibly and not exclude anything.

May 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 6
If you still want in-ears I'd check out the Meelectronics M9. There really are a whole lot of decent IEMs in that price range, way better than marshmallows. The Soundmagic PL30/PL21 and Senn CX250 would probably be worth considering as well. KSC75s are nice but they don't isolate at all so it's really up to you. I don't wear them outside unless I want to hear what's going on around me and listen to music only as a background.

May 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the suggestions! Another pair that I was looking at was the Klipsch Image S2. It's a bit more pricy, but I'm most likely going to try to get them from Best Buy where I can get a decent discount.

Is the Klipsch Image S2 good? I've heard great things about their other products, so I'm assuming they're good, but I just want to check. Would they be good if I listen to stuff like techno, electronic, trance, etc?

May 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 6
The S2 should work ok for your genres. Just added them to my review thread. However, if you're going to spend upwards of $30 I would highly recommend the Meelec M6 for trance/techno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back