I'm looking for in-ear headphones with the best possible passive isolation
May 4, 2020 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Galeonero

100+ Head-Fier
Hello people from the forum, I am looking for in-ear headphones with good passive isolation to cover the sound when I study.
Currently I have sony wh-1000 xm3 headphones and the truth is that I am disappointed in terms of noise cancellation, because I feel that they isolate in the same way as the FiiO F9 PRO headphones that I had but they are over-ear and it is ANC.
I want them to be cheap, budgeting no more than $ 100 total.
I would like to buy some in-ear that are cheaper than the FiiO F9 PRO, I just want it to be of interchangeable cables, if it is possible that a case is included.
I don't want to buy the FiiO F9 PRO again because I want to change the model or brand.

May 4, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 7
Etymotic IEMs like the ER4XR/ER4SR. The cables are replaceable but use a slightly proprietary connector.

May 4, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 7
IEMs tend to isolate pretty good but etymotics are well renowned for great sound isolation, if you can tolerate them in your ear canals, I can't. They have lower priced models but not sure under $100 unless you go used.

The tips are going to be your best isolation friend here. Gotta find the perfect ones. Deep insertion IEMs will have better isolation than normal IEMs.

Can you tell us in what noisy environment you are studying that require such isolation?

May 4, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 7
They cost 300 dollars, it is not within my budget.
I was thinking of a FiiO FA1 or Mee Audio M6 PRO v2 or some similar model.
You asked for best possible passive isolation and the Etymotics are that. You could preface your request with a budget as that would help as well. @bland125 also has a good point tips can help as well with less expensive in ears.

May 4, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 7
IEMs tend to isolate pretty good but etymotics are well renowned for great sound isolation, if you can tolerate them in your ear canals, I can't. They have lower priced models but not sure under $100 unless you go used.

The tips are going to be your best isolation friend here. Gotta find the perfect ones. Deep insertion IEMs will have better isolation than normal IEMs.

Can you tell us in what noisy environment you are studying that require such isolation?
In my house, isolate the noise from neighbors, cars, dogs barking that kind of thing.
I was reading that the FiiO Fa1 with the new capsule design achieve a better seal than the previous models, maybe that's my answer.

May 4, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 7
Hello people from the forum, I am looking for in-ear headphones with good passive isolation to cover the sound when I study.
Currently I have sony wh-1000 xm3 headphones and the truth is that I am disappointed in terms of noise cancellation, because I feel that they isolate in the same way as the FiiO F9 PRO headphones that I had but they are over-ear and it is ANC.
I want them to be cheap, budgeting no more than $ 100 total.
I would like to buy some in-ear that are cheaper than the FiiO F9 PRO, I just want it to be of interchangeable cables, if it is possible that a case is included.
I don't want to buy the FiiO F9 PRO again because I want to change the model or brand.

Hi friend, I made a small post here about it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-best-passive-isolating-universal-iems-thread.928136/

Short of going down ANC gear, custom IEM or custom ear tips, etymotic IEMs have very good passive isolation, but they involve deep insertion of tips and some people (like me) find it too uncomfortable for long usages. The other IEMs in this list have lesser passive isolation than etymotics, but should be much more comfortable.

DUNU DM-480 would be my go to for passive isolation on the go, but best u read more reviews and all the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back