Im looking for a used headphone (description inside), need some guidance
May 7, 2006 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
I already have the A900 and the er6i. The a900 is for movies/games/music whole the er6i is for my DAP(Creative zen micro)....While I like the sounds from these two phones...Im looking for something that is totally different from these two cans.

I really want a headphone that brings out of musical groups like U2, Green day and even some pink floyd ( I didnt like DSOTM much, but I loved divison bell.....)

As a starter, do you think a Grado will be good enough for me? I plan to buy use, incase I dont like it..i can always resell it at this forum.

Recently I've been listening to U2, Green day, pink floyd, trans-orchestra ( I doubt u guys even know them..but they have great detailed music, evanesence...

Thanks guys

May 7, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Grados are regarded as great for rock, but aren't too comfortable. I've once tried an SR-60 for a very short period of time--very engaging, but it clamped my ears , and I don't listen to much rock...I ended up with the 555, which I remember you traded for the A900s. Maybe you can try an Alessandro MS-1; it's said to be more balanced than a regular Grado, and it's $99. That's really all I can say...

May 8, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 5
you think the grado or ms1 will truly bring out the the quality in U2's songs?

I found both 555 and a900 a bit laid back.....I was thinking of the grado cause its really bright?

and dude, is ur avatar based on a true story?

May 8, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
and dude, is ur avatar based on a true story?

Search "Brian Peppers" on google and google images
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back