I'm looking for a pair of great looking, portable, cheap headphones
Sep 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheKirk

New Head-Fier
Hi guys.

I've decided I need some new headphones (since I have none at the moment).

First off, I'm not an audiophile. I don't know a lot about headphones, and i certainly don't know "what type of sound" I'm looking for. Therefore I think it's the safest choice just to go for a pair that is enjoyed by many in general. And a pair that is suited for many different genres. I've listed some of the genres I listen to in my profile.

I'll mainly be using these phones for listening to music with my Samsung Galaxy S2, so portability is a must. By portability I don't necessarily mean that they should be foldable, but they shouldn't be enormous, nor should the be uncomfortable to wear around my neck when I'm not using them.
They shouldn't be too small either, though. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Sennheiser PX-100 II, but I'm not very fond of the "on-ear" design or feel. I like it better when they fit around my ears...

...Like these Marshall Majors, which I stumbled upon when researching. I really think they look awesome, but after reading some reviews, I get a feeling that they pretty much suck.
But I like the looks, so it wouldn't hurt if you could recommend a pair that has the same leathery "rock'n roll" kind of design. I also like the "curled" cord (what's the correct term for that?), so that would absolutely be a plus too.

​
I also don't want to spend a lot of money on these, since I don't think I can hear that much of a difference anyways, but I'd still like them to look good, and I'd like them to be reasobably well built.
I think I can stretch my budget to around $100, but I wouldn't mind a cheaper model since I live in Denmark and the shipping rates can be outrageous if I can't find them in my own country.

I know there are already a lot of "best headphones for $100" threads, but I felt I needed a new thread to explain exactly what I'm looking for, and I hope you'll be able to help me out :)

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 2
JVC S500   Carbon Nanotubes, Portable, under $100.00.

See my sig, i also got the ATH M50,  all i am going to say is that this S500 is awesome, once they hit the EEUU and more reviews are added , then you will all know how good this things are.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-40mm-carbon-nanotubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back