I'm in a dilemna. (Audiotechnica?)
Dec 26, 2005 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kin

New Head-Fier
Ok, earlier in the year, my friend let me borrow some of his headphones, which were the Audiotechnica F55's. To this date, these are the best headphones I have heard. I bought a Seihnheiser for 80$, and it still didn't beat it. Unfortunetly, mine broke recently due to mismanagement.....(hanging my iPod from the audio cord, wrapping it around chairs, yadda yadda yadda), and I am going to order a new one.

I gotta say, my friend let me borrow a pair of KOSS Pro4AA TITANIUM headphones, and they didn't sound as good. Quiet, and they hurt your neck. My neck is sore right now actually because of them.

Anways, here is what I am looking for :
1 - Comfort - The F55's were OK in this category, but could of been much better. These Koss headphones, however, made my neck sore after maybe an hour of having them on, and felt like a brick on your head.
2 - Sweat Control - My F55's smelled like "miso soup", or in laymans terms, sweat.
3 - Clarity in sound/quality - My F55's were very clear, and had nice low's and good highs.
4 - Cans - I don't know why, but I like can headphones.

Basically, my question is, does anyone know of any better headphones that will out do the F55? My price range maxmimum is near 100$. Thanks.

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 9
Smiths, Trance, Death / Thrash metal, Death metal, thrash metal, doom metal, stoner rock, raw blackish metal, and some grungish stuff or older rap,

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 9
If you don't play games often, look into Grados or Alessandros.

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 9
If you get Grado or Alessandro you are going to have a major comfort issue. The bowl pads will more then likely kill your ears. I suggest buying a pair of Radio Shack or Sennheiser pads.

-Alex-

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin
I play games a good often, but I don't see what difference it makes.

They are open cans so might distract people I guess. I don't know what he means by the games comment. I have used my Grado's for games no problem.

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back