I'm happy that the "iPod Lifestyle" is here
Oct 11, 2004 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nismo96

500+ Head-Fier
With all the talk of man-bags, headphone storage, and the like, I thought of something to post about. The popularity of the iPod has been a worldwide phenomenon. Because of this fact, there are tons of accessories out there for the iPod, cases, earphones, add-on batteries, chargers, etc. The accessories that intrigue me the most are the backpacks and apparel that have popped up to support the iPod.

Winter is coming so I’ve been looking for jackets a lot. One thing that I’ve noticed is that a lot of jackets from all kinds of makers are including music player pouches and headphone cable leads in their gear. I’ve noticed this in everything from Gap brand to Columbia brand apparel. I love the idea of keeping my music player safely in my jacket without fear of dropping it or having it pick pocketed out of my jacket pocket or my belt clip.

I’m also a laptop bag, backpack, messenger bag nut. I’m always looking for a better gear bag that can carry my laptop, music gear, cables, paperwork, and assorted odds and ends around with me. I’ve noticed that lots of bag makers are also including music player pouches and headphone leads in their gear too. In fact Jansport even makes a backpack with built in earphones. How about that? Famous snowboard maker Burton makes a backpack that includes a remote control to let you play your iPod while it’s safely stored in the back pack. You can just press buttons on the shoulder straps of the backpack,

When I was younger the backpacks and jackets of our day didn’t offer anything like this, let alone padded pockets for any electronics. You don’t have to be an iPod user to benefit from these new jackets, bags, and other accessories. I didn’t even own an iPod until recently, but one of my laptop cases has a music player pouch that I’ve used for my CD Walkman and my minidisc gear. I think that all portable music listeners have benefited from the wild success of Apple’s little musical wonder.

[size=xx-small]I've also posted this at a couple of other forums that I visit as well.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back