Im gonna DIY a Hybrid-Driver IEM, yet i've 2 problems~ help
May 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LMJ243

New Head-Fier
hey, guys, i m gonna DIY my 1st custom IEM. dynamic as the bass, BA as the mid $ high.

but i hv 2 problems 2b solved~ Can anybody help?
1. frequency division problem.  Maybe somebody can show me some training PDFs?
2. here's a picture on how i m gonna do the frequency division:

the 10 ohm resistance will be connected to the bass driver
i've 2 chip tantalum capacitance connected in series to get the mid&treble driver

the problem is: the inner resistance of my drivers are different. for the bass driver, it's 36 ohm, the other driver is 23 ohm

since i'll add a 10 ohm resistance to the bass driver, it'll be 46 ohm....

what'll happen if a 46 ohm and  a 23 ohm  resistance will be in parallel connection like this?

(the frequency devision set is from Shure E5C. will it work on my drivers? If not, what shall I do?

Thank you thank you and thank you......

guys, my IEM is done! see it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616643/my-virgine-home-made-iem-quad-drivers-1-dynamic-driver-3-balanced-armature-come-with-frequency-seperation-circuit

May 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 4
May 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

(the frequency devision set is from Shure E5C. will it work on my drivers? If not, what shall I do?

Crossovers are designed based on drivers, tubes, accoustic filters, so same crossover will not work for your customs.
Without measuring(accoustic) equipment it would be quiet difficult , more with hybrid because dynamic drivers cover whole frequency range.

Quote:
hey, guys, i m gonna DIY my 1st custom IEM. dynamic as the bass, BA as the mid $ high.

but i hv 2 problems 2b solved~ Can anybody help?
1. frequency division problem.  Maybe somebody can show me some training PDFs?

There are none as far as i know for IEM, lot of them for speakers based on inductors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back