I'm gonna buy Rio Carbon, I have two choices, help me pick one
Mar 10, 2005 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LoveablePuppy

New Head-Fier
I can buy the Rio Carbon on Amazon.com for 179.99 with rebate, that will get me to 159.99.

or

I can go to bestbuy, buy the carbon for 199.99+tax=215+29.99(2 year product replacement plan)=245$ (minus rebate=225$)

i'm not familiar with the bestbuy 2 year product replacement plan. but i read it somewhere in in a forum before. so after 2 years, i can take my carbon back to best buy, and i can get any mp3 players they have in stock for equal value, and pay extra if its over the value?

what would you folks recommend?

Mar 10, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 4
i would go to best buy and record the sales pitch on the extended warranty to clarify that. if they don't do what they say 2 years later, you can take 'em to court.

i used to work at circuit city, and we'd always push that damn extended warranty... as with best buy. it's usually NEVER as good as it sounds. most people don't want it yet we always try and make it sound good. not to mention we try to get away with as much as we can in terms of not having to deal with warranty issues. talk about being a prick... hence why i left that evil place. quotas to meet, yet no commission... oh man it definitely sucked.

Mar 10, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 4
theres somethin better to do. go to compuplus.com they have the carbon for 164 with a 20 mail in rebate(144 now) get the 3 year mack warranty for mp3 players. thats 19.95. then tax then shipping. my total was 219.95 then with the mail in rebate it equals 199.95. a great deal. waiting for mine. one word of advise get it shipped to where you know2 somebody will be hame they require signature. i made that mistake and now waiting for the next delivery attempt. hope this helps

mark

Mar 10, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 4
All the extended warrenty is (at least in Canada) is an extention to the manufacturers warrenty. For example, I own a Zen Micro. If the headphone jack breaks after 1 year (the manufacturers warrenty), I can still bring it back to the store and either get a full refund or get my money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back