I'm Going to Visit Headroom This Month!
May 18, 2007 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BRBJackson

Headphoneus Supremus
As some of you are aware, a couple of last-minute snags stopped me from making it to Headfest '07. I was pretty demoralized, in no small part because there were Headroom products I was anxious to audition, and Tyll has made it clear that he will not be coming to any local Head-Fi events this year. Bummer.

Jump cut to the present... by day, I'm a regional manager for a large lighting manufacturer... by night I'm a voluptuous Asian woman, but that's another story. Anyway, a few weeks ago, my Montana rep calls me, and says he needs me to join him for some meetings at the end of this month. "Where in Montana are these meetings happening?", asks I. "That'd be Bozeman", responds my rep.

HOLY COW, YOU KNOW WHAT'S IN BOZEMAN, MT, RIGHT??? Yep, Headphone Mecca So I PM Tyll, tell him of my travel plans, and... he graciously offers to give me the nickel tour, and let me listen to some of their rigs. I'm really looking forward to auditioning their new toys, including what may well be my next amp, the Desktop Balanced... oh yeah. Other than that and the Desktop Speaker Rig, it'll be a ball just getting to see how these amazing products get made. I may even drag out my 1990's-vintage Headroom Supreme amp to get signed, or included in their museum or something. Hell, I may even wear a Hawaiian shirt...

Will post impressions and pics (if OK with Tyll) upon my return. If anyone wants to see something specific, post up here and I'll try to accomodate.

May 18, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..... Hell, I may even wear a Hawaiian shirt...

You're bluffing.

biggrin.gif

May 22, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 6
The image of you as a voluptuous asian woman in a Hawaiian shirt is going to haunt me, Bill.
eek.gif

Glad to hear you can get a little fun out of your business trip. That should be great to see Headroom in action and check out the new stuff. It was truly a bummer that you missed the meet, so this could make up for it a little. You should check with Todd to see if he is around when you are there. He does listening nights on his killer system and would probably join you in a beer or two along the way.

Have fun!

May 23, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The image of you as a voluptuous asian woman in a Hawaiian shirt is going to haunt me, Bill.
eek.gif

That's what I was shooting for, Al. [BORAT]"Great Success!"[/BORAT]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should check with Todd to see if he is around when you are there. He does listening nights on his killer system and would probably join you in a beer or two along the way.

hmmm, I might give Todd a shout. Looks like he's located ~30 miles from Bozeman. Thanks!!

May 23, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 6
Yes, the desktop speaker rig -- close-up pics, please, especially the speaker stand.

It still floors (floor, tile, get it?
biggrin.gif
sorry) me to think that of all the places in this great nation of ours, Bozeman is becoming the destination, a Mecca if you will, of all things head-fi.

If you see Jamey, tell him "Mr. Pork" said hello. I'll never let him forget. Maybe eventually he'll feed bad enough to give me an employee discount on an amp.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back