I'M GOING TO SEE COLDPLAY!!
Feb 20, 2003 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, that's right. I just got tickets to the sold out Coldplay concert in Pittsburgh, PA. Needless to say I am very excited! Has anyone here seen these guys live? Just wanted to know how there show was.

Feb 20, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 16
from the bootlegs I've heard, Coldplay is amazing live.

I had a chance to get advance floor seats for the Vancouver show, but I'm photographing a wedding that night.

:\

Feb 20, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 16
hey, congrats! i tried to get tix, but alas, they were sold out, and i wasn't willing to spend extra to try and find someone selling.

please let us know how it goes!

Feb 20, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 16
I wasn't aware that coldplay and energy could be combined in the same sentence.

From what i've heard of them, they don't seem like a very good live band. But as always, that's a purely subjective opinion of somebody who just doesn't enjoy coldplay much.

If you enjoy the music and can stand looking at the lead singer and not feeling tempted to shoot him because he has Gwyneth, then I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the show.

Best wishes on the show...... I love concerts.

Feb 20, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 16
I saw them when they did the Parachutes tour.

Brilliant band. I'll definitely be seeing them when they come downunder again.

BTW, I read that Gweneth dumped Chris...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 20, 2003 at 7:20 AM Post #6 of 16
I have floor tickets for the Vancouver show at GM Place, May 23rd. I'm pretty excited, just heard a bootleg of one of their new songs, it's called "Ladder to the Sun". Pretty decent stuff.

I'm not as excited as I am about seeing Matthew Good at the Vogue on April 19th. That will be a magical night.

Feb 20, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
BTW, I read that Gweneth dumped Chris...
rolleyes.gif

That might be a speculation upon Chris saying that he felt uncomfortable to talk about his relationship with Gwenyth. Or it might be true, who knows. Meh, I don't really care who's going out with who or not, as long as they're happy.

Boy am I ever tired.

Feb 20, 2003 at 12:00 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by finleyville
Yes, that's right. I just got tickets to the sold out Coldplay concert in Pittsburgh, PA. Needless to say I am very excited! Has anyone here seen these guys live? Just wanted to know how there show was.

<sob> Do you know how much I wanted to see that show? And RADIOHEAD IS OPENING.
frown.gif
Have fun finleyville.

Feb 20, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #11 of 16
Are you SURE that Radiohead is opening?!? I didn't think so. I thought that some other band was opening. If that is fact, then the $77.00 for 2 tickets was definitely a bargin. I'm not a Radiohead fan, YET, but from everything I've heard from them I do like very much. Or does that make me a fan? Hmm.

Feb 21, 2003 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 16
That's just not true... Radiohead would NEVER open for a band. At least, not since 1995.

I might see Coldplay, although they are playing at a huge stadium with terrible sound. I WILL, though, be seeing Matthew Good on April 10th and will tell you all how that is. I can't wait; he's my favourite modern artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back