I'm going to get a Sansa Clip, what headphones (IEM's) should I get to go with it?
Aug 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Markon101

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at the new Sansa Clip Zip, (Not a fan of the name) and I was wondering what would be a good balanced pair of IEM's.

I have been thinking about just using my (Big)  AKG K240's, but I don't know if I want to walk around with a pair of full sized headphones. (I would love to see the reactions of the people driving by me
k701smile.gif
)

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 13
The clip+ doesn't have a ton of power, so any easy to drive iem is probably better. After that consideration, you're probably best off looking at the different iem threads like |joker|'s magnum opus or ClieOS' to get a sense of different signatures, fits, etc, and see what fits your tastes and wallet.

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
The clip+ doesn't have a ton of power, so any easy to drive iem is probably better. After that consideration, you're probably best off looking at the different iem threads like |joker|'s magnum opus or ClieOS' to get a sense of different signatures, fits, etc, and see what fits your tastes and wallet.

Lol, I've seen people hooking up their Clip with the LCD-2

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 13
I don't know what they are doing with the clip zip but the clip + was reasonable at driving any not out of the ordinary IEMs I've tried. It's just a bit colored from my experience and not the clearest of signals I've heard.

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 13
I probably don't want any more than about $50, if I want some really high quality sound I could just use my AKG K240s. (Though they will look goofy and probably not a great idea for exercise.)

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
I probably don't want any more than about $50, if I want some really high quality sound I could just use my AKG K240s. (Though they will look goofy and probably not a great idea for exercise.)

Your not going to find much under $50...

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 13
Brainwavz M2.

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 13
Thank you all for the recommendations, the Brainwavz look like a good option for the price. I'm going to try taking my K240's around with me before I buy any IEM's.

I might get some funny looks, but hopefully that's all.
beyersmile.png
(What is that thing on that guys head?)

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #13 of 13
For $50, I would highly recommend the Fischer Audio Enigma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back