I'm goin' to Brazil... any suggestions???
Jun 18, 2003 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mahkook

100+ Head-Fier
In two weeks I am heading out the door to Sarocaba, Brazil to adopt three children after what has felt like a long wait for government paperwork...

I am wondering if anyone out there in the Head-fi community has any suggestions on things to do around there during my 35 day stay for the adoption. I will also be in Sao Paulo for part of the time and have noticed that there are some members from that area. You guys need anything I might be able to transport down for you? How about anyone having an idea of some finds only to be made in Brazil audio gear wise? I will be busy, but going to play with new gear might be a good way to let the kids better know who I am.

Also... anyone down that way know if there are any internet cafes or such in Sarocaba to keep in touch with family stateside? (also I couldn't miss out on the Head-fi forums!)

Mahkook
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2003 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 5
Mahkook,

Congrats on your new family.

My son and I currently have a song that is popular in Brazil and I would like a report back if you run across it in stores or on TV.

The artist is XUXA and she hosts a television show for children. Our song is called "Se Eu Fosse" which I think translates as "If I Were." (We called it "The Gorilla Song" when we wrote it.) It's on XUXA's latest CD/DVD titled something like "For the Children, Volume 3."

I think you'll find that children are right up there with headphones when it comes to making your life interesting.

John

Jun 18, 2003 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by mahkook
In two weeks I am heading out the door to Sarocaba, Brazil to adopt three children after what has felt like a long wait for government paperwork...

I am wondering if anyone out there in the Head-fi community has any suggestions on things to do around there during my 35 day stay for the adoption. I will also be in Sao Paulo for part of the time and have noticed that there are some members from that area. You guys need anything I might be able to transport down for you? How about anyone having an idea of some finds only to be made in Brazil audio gear wise? I will be busy, but going to play with new gear might be a good way to let the kids better know who I am.

Also... anyone down that way know if there are any internet cafes or such in Sarocaba to keep in touch with family stateside? (also I couldn't miss out on the Head-fi forums!)

Mahkook
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats for the new family! Get some music and check for old Gradiente gear if you have the chance. You could find somehing very good as they made great valve amps. Also, perhaps you can contact Ari, since he's in Brasil. Have a great trip.

Jun 18, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 5
mahkook,

check the women out for me please . brazil has the most beautiful women in the world IMO.

Just kiddin but they really have beautiful women there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back