I'm getting static noise on the left earphone on my Triple Fi 10
Jan 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

shoooze

New Head-Fier
It's distracting especially on beethoven's piano sonata's, but on some other songs (rock/pop etc...) that are textured it's a lot less apparent, to almost nonexistant. Probably because the piano sonata's are a lot more easier to detect the static because it's only piano, where as the static can hide in full music.

I know it's a problem specific to the left earphone for several reasons. I pulled of the left TF10 earphones from the headphone wire and switched it with the right earphone, and vice versa. The right earphone worked flawlessly while the left still suffered from static. And it's not the songs because I tried three other headphones, and there is no static.

Anyone know what the problem might be? I know it's a longshot but is there a way to fix it myself?

I bought it a couple of months ago, on ebay during the 30% live cashback deal so I do not think Ultimate Ears will honor the warranty. Am I SOL? How much do out of warranty problems like these usually cost to fix?
confused.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 3
My left IEM also just died, if it had been the other way around I would have offered to buy yours for half the price of a new pair. I called UE and since mine were out of warranty all they would do is sell me a new pair for 25% off if I sent them mine... didn't exactly help much as that's basically what they sell for anyway. Good luck with yours, although I suspect you're in the same boat I am.

Gary

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 3
^ Thanks for the info, sorry to hear you're having problems as well.

The irony is I wouldn't of bought it without the ebay 30% cashback deal which brought down the price to around $200, if UE told me it would cost $115 to fix I would jump on the offer. Which brings the price back up to the $315 street price from a authorized dealer like amazon.

What an utter disaster. I am so annoyed right now, it's really ticking me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back