im getting a HD 595 for xmas!
Nov 24, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 38
Yes and yes.

If you value your wallet, take your 595s and your X-Fi, enjoy them, run as far away as you can from this forum and never come back.
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 38
The HD 595 improves slightly with an amp so it should be good with the XFI. Out of the Audigy 2ZS it has a slightly muddy sound when playing games and DVD, but out from my EMU 1212M the sound is clean and sterile
tongue.gif

The XFI is suppose to sound better then Audigy so it should be ok. Don't use the crystalisser (spell check) thing, it won't sound good on headphones from what I've heard.

Nov 24, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
The HD 595 improves slightly with an amp so it should be good with the XFI. Out of the Audigy 2ZS it has a slightly muddy sound when playing games and DVD, but out from my EMU 1212M the sound is clean and sterile
tongue.gif

The XFI is suppose to sound better then Audigy so it should be ok. Don't use the crystalisser (spell check) thing, it won't sound good on headphones from what I've heard.

I would say the hd595 improves quite alot with an amp

Nov 24, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai

It has begun... mdm, believe all of us when we tell you to never visit this site again. Never. Unless you have an inhuman amount of self-control, realize that you have a nice setup and leave this place. Being here is cruel and unusual punishment to your wallet (and if you get Grado's, your ears too
tongue.gif
).

Nov 24, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
It has begun... mdm, believe all of us when we tell you to never visit this site again. Never. Unless you have an inhuman amount of self-control, realize that you have a nice setup and leave this place. Being here is cruel and unusual punishment to your wallet (and if you get Grado's, your ears too
tongue.gif
).

In terms of 'inhuman amount of self-control' i think i am one of the better ones. Folks who share the same join date as me , has spent much more cash than i do. Hd595 without an amp sounds very messy, at least a pimeta to clear up the mess.

Nov 24, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #10 of 38
<<sigh>> apparently triple post.....

Nov 24, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 38
double post

Nov 24, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

+1, while it is easily driven I think it sounds much better amped.

Ant

Nov 24, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

I second that; I still remember the day I plugged my 120 ohm HD595 into the SR-71. It was a dramatic difference, especially with classical music. There was so much detail, so many instruments I was missing, especially in the low-mods and hi-mids.

Nov 24, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #15 of 38
I use the same setup, you'll get on Christmas, for gaming. I can assure you, it's a wonderfull combination and especially the CMSS-3D sound will be great with the HD 595s. You'll never want to use 5.1 speakers again.

An amp will give you only *slight* improvement. The HD 595s are so efficient, that you might want to invest your money in something else, unless you want to join us freaks on head-fi.
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back