I'm finally done!!!
Dec 13, 2004 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ECM

100+ Head-Fier
this has nothing to do with amps, but i just wanted to share the good news.

i just finished taking my LAST FINAL EXAM!

i graduate on saturday!

now i will have more time to build amps and stuff.

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 17
I just finished my first final - but I feel like I'm done with the semester anyway, as that one class was about 10 times harder than all of my other classes combined. Yay!

Dec 14, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 17
i agree with you 100% intlplby!

thanks cottonbuds.

z2trillion: college apps? are you still applying to college? which ones?

nleahcim: i know exactly what you are talking about! there were more than a few classes that were really hard. it was to the point that calc 3 was my "b*llsh*t" class!

Dec 14, 2004 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 17
Congratulations, what have you graduated in?

It seemed as if there wasn't much to go after finishing school, but realised now there is so much still to learn...

g

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 17
Congratulations on graduation, ECM! Me, after 10 years removed from my last graduation, I'm going back into it again (going for an MBA in Project Management). It's amazing how much you'll forget after 10 years of disuse.

How's the job search going?

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 17
i would be graduating now if i didnt screw around so much. these days dj'ing + producing + diy = far less time spent on studying then i should. but hey i may as well enjoy myself whilst i still can. i just wish there were more hours in the day !

Dec 14, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 17
Guzzler, my degree is in Physics.

z2trillion, my oldest brother is an MIT grad. he got his EE there. good school.

ozymand, the job search is going well. have a few job offers i'm considering. i have 8 years of experience in Electronic CounterMeasures with the Air Force (that's where ECM comes from). most of the jobs are related to that career field, but a couple have been in the semiconductor field.

interestingly enough, with a degree in physics, i have yet to interview for a physics position. ALL my interviews have been for engineering positions.

Dec 14, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #12 of 17
Physics with electronics experience... that's a good combination there, lots of engineering-related opportunities that way (as you're finding out probably). Your experience sounds similar to why I'm pursuing my MBA now. Most of my experience is in prototype and new-product introduction manufacturing, with the MBA I can move into a more management-level position within research and development.

Good luck out there!

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #13 of 17
I just finished with a B.Sc. in Textile Technology and a B.A. in Psychology (other people call it a major, i think it is more like a hobby)

I used to be a physics major myself.... got up through partial differential equations, only had 6 classes left and I decided that although I enjoy physics it definitely was not what I wanted to do..... i'm looking for fashion merchanising/marketing and design jobs now..... interesting how much things can change.....

tell you what through.... if you are a physics major you probably are really smart and got great problem solving skills.... if you are one of the few with good people skills as well then you can make an absolute killing in othe fields..... business and management areas are really not used to having people with the problem solving skills that would be the norm in a physics related area...

when i was in physics i did well, but by no means was top dog...... over in less challenging fields its easy to be the big fish in a big pond

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:43 PM Post #14 of 17
ozymand, i agree with you 100%! having an electronics background with a physics degree is turning out to be a good combination. i too plan on grad school, but it won't be for physics. i had a hard enough time with that. i'm looking into an Engineering Systems Management degree because even if i get an MS in EE, i'm still just an engineer. with a management degree i can move up easier, or at least that's the way i see it.

intlplby, it sounds to me like you have a career plan laid out. i'm sure you'll find what you are looking for soon.

i don't consider myself "really smart," but rather stubborn. it took me ten years to get a degree. i used to be EE, then CS, and every time i moved (i'm in the Air Force) i would lose some credit hours. so when i arrived at my current location i decided on physics and i told myself that i was going to finish it no matter what. along with doing the Air Force thing and raising a family, i went full time for two years and i even took Calc 2 over the internet! that's how determined i was. needless to say, i have a C in EVERY math course i took, but i didn't quit. physics really kicked my behind, and there were times i really wanted to give up, but i'm glad i didn't.

when i was interviewing for jobs i "marketed" myself as a problem solver. and that turned out great. along with my electronics training i'm also an instructor so i used that as "great communication skills." so far so good.

Dec 15, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #15 of 17
Congrats!
biggrin.gif
After ten years, being done with the final final exam must feel really good!

Hope you end up with a job you'll really be happy with. I'm glad it's going well so far - best of luck!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back