I'm Fairly New Here but I've been lurking without an account for a while...(Ear Bud/Phone Recommend)
Jul 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

icywolfe

New Head-Fier
I have a Magni 2 + Modi 2 + HD 600 for my in home listening, but is using the cheaper CX 300II for on the go. So now I feel like its a good time to upgrade to something nicer. I actually recently upgraded to the Senn Momentum InEar..... which was very disappointing. It broke less than a week. The housing broke in 2 part and one part was stuck in my ear so half an hour of free time and tweezers brought it out. I asked Amazon and they can't have it back because it was used. And I doubt Senn will take it back because I didn't register the warranty in time. The right side crack basically happened in Day 2 (Less than 24h) while the Left Side cutting out happened at like Day 4 or Day 5).

So that was 99 USD of a loss...

So what is good improvement from the CX 300II? I would prefer something that is more similar to the HD 600. (That you can see/hear the instruments in the background sort of.)  Less 200 USD. I would like to avoid the Sony and Bose Ear Phones.

I basically listen to anything. Dubstep, Electronic, Rock, Pop, Rap, Classical basically anything.

-------------------
Also just a question. I just got a Bravo V2 today, was it supposed to be very staticy on the quiet parts of the song?

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't think you need to register with Sennheiser for warranty - maybe you can get in touch with them. It's unfair of Amazon to refuse to have the item back if it broke (!) - I think you have your rights, do they expect you to buy something and not use it in case it breaks?

If you want an alternative, I've been really impressed by the new Fidue A73. Check it out, then buy from an outlet other than Amazon!

Jul 16, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 7
I have a Magni 2 + Modi 2 + HD 600 for my in home listening, but is using the cheaper CX 300II for on the go. So now I feel like its a good time to upgrade to something nicer. I actually recently upgraded to the Senn Momentum InEar..... which was very disappointing. It broke less than a week. The housing broke in 2 part and one part was stuck in my ear so half an hour of free time and tweezers brought it out. I asked Amazon and they can't have it back because it was used. And I doubt Senn will take it back because I didn't register the warranty in time. The right side crack basically happened in Day 2 (Less than 24h) while the Left Side cutting out happened at like Day 4 or Day 5).

So that was 99 USD of a loss...

So what is good improvement from the CX 300II? I would prefer something that is more similar to the HD 600. (That you can see/hear the instruments in the background sort of.)  Less 200 USD. I would like to avoid the Sony and Bose Ear Phones.

I basically listen to anything. Dubstep, Electronic, Rock, Pop, Rap, Classical basically anything.

-------------------
Also just a question. I just got a Bravo V2 today, was it supposed to be very staticy on the quiet parts of the song?
dude, sennheiser has an insane warranty service. Please call a rep and talk to them bc I'm sure they'd be happy to fix a faulty product that they sold you. My hd558 was not registered, but 3 months after my warranty expired, they still replaced my pair that had a broken yolk with a brand new pair of hd558s

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 7
dude, sennheiser has an insane warranty service. Please call a rep and talk to them bc I'm sure they'd be happy to fix a faulty product that they sold you. My hd558 was not registered, but 3 months after my warranty expired, they still replaced my pair that had a broken yolk with a brand new pair of hd558s

From the other threads I heard Senn's repairs are like 150 USD, but wouldn't that be more than the cost of the Senn Momentum In Ears.

But I will try to do that.
  I don't think you need to register with Sennheiser for warranty - maybe you can get in touch with them. It's unfair of Amazon to refuse to have the item back if it broke (!) - I think you have your rights, do they expect you to buy something and not use it in case it breaks?

If you want an alternative, I've been really impressed by the new Fidue A73. Check it out, then buy from an outlet other than Amazon!

Well I sort of understand Amazon's point for higenic reasons. Ear phones goes in the ear and can pick up some weird stuff from some people. NewEgg and Bestbuy had similar policies too.

I don't know any other audio selling stores besides NewEgg and Amazon. BestBuy is like add 50 bucks on top of the MSRP.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 7
Your course of action is up to you of course, but the fact the earphones broke rather eclipses any hygiene concerns. We've never refused to help a customer who's earphones have become faulty within the warranty period.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 7
  Your course of action is up to you of course, but the fact the earphones broke rather eclipses any hygiene concerns. We've never refused to help a customer who's earphones have become faulty within the warranty period.

Well an update to my ear phones: I did warranty to Senn and they just gave me a new one. I just got it today.

Aug 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 7
  Well an update to my ear phones: I did warranty to Senn and they just gave me a new one. I just got it today.

Yay, go warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back